GAME #95, TORONTO BLUE JAYS AT BOSTON RED SOX

Started by Bear, July 18, 2017, 03:29:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ipot

Well, gee, it took 'em long enough to put it away with a long ball.   sigh
"Baseball is simple. All you do is sit on your butt, spit tobacco and nod at the stupid things your manager says."
--Bill 'Spaceman' Lee

Bear

Frazier, a third baseman,goes to the yankees in a seven-man trade.
We could have used this guy; maybe we didn't have the pieces they wanted;
maybe Dombrowski wouldn't part with our young players. thumb_u

Muggah

Quote from: Bear on July 19, 2017, 02:33:19 AM
Frazier, a third baseman,goes to the yankees in a seven-man trade.
We could have used this guy; maybe we didn't have the pieces they wanted;
maybe Dombrowski wouldn't part with our young players. thumb_u

This reeks of a block move by the Yankees---especially once Robertson became part of the deal.

DD's got his work cut out for him now. But there's no avoiding reality here---this team needs a big bat if it's going to think about competing down the stretch.
Bosox Board: The Exclusive Home of Muggah

elktonnick

This was a shortsighted move by the Yankees to prevent Boston from getting Frazier.  I think they may regret it in the long-term.

ojdidit

Johnson and Hector did quite well. Good job by both.

NY has retooled their bullpen - beat Boston out on that so far.

Sea Dog 23

I like the Dbacks move to get JDMartinez from the Tigers.  Batting .305 with 18 hr's.  But we don't need another outfielder.

Bill-806

WOW, what a day at the ball paaaak .....  As  DAD would say, "SON, another 15 inning game, a WIN & then the YANK$ pull a BLOCKBUSTER"  !!!  As the dust settles today, we will see if  D D has anything up his sleeve !! iono rofl

MongoLikeSox

I shut it down after the 9th. No way was I going to sit through another.

markj

longgame

Quote from: elktonnick on July 19, 2017, 05:05:51 AM
This was a shortsighted move by the Yankees to prevent Boston from getting Frazier.  I think they may regret it in the long-term.

They did this deal to pick up two good arms.  Threw in a prospect or two, take Frazier and the deal is done.  Sox didn't want to give up much, but maybe should have tried to make this deal happen sooner.

longgame

I almost made it to the end.  I think i fell asleep in the 14th.  What was driving me crazy, and I didn't see the Ramirez HR, but the Sox were facing that guy Bolinger who basically had two pitches - a hanging curve ball, and a ball.  It was obvious to let him throw a hanger over the plate and sit on it, but these guys are flailing away at balls all over the place and get frozen by the hanging curve.  JBJ, Holt and Benintendi will swing at any ball that doesn't make it to the catcher but will leave stuff that's right in the heart of the plate.

Sox need to make a move. They can't keep hoping to win extra inning games, burning up the pen.

Rob from Mass

Game ball goes to Velazquez.Excellent job to step up and get the job done

Bill-806

Quote from: Rob from Mass on July 19, 2017, 11:06:53 AM
Game ball goes to Velazquez.Excellent job to step up and get the job done
  Game Ball ??  That's football !!!  RRR heck, give them all a trophy !!! rofl

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: longgame on July 18, 2017, 08:16:43 PM
Offense not doing much again. 

Rumors are Frazier, Robertson and CWS Setup man to Yanks.  If true, this is basically a move to strengthen their pen and keep the Sox from acquiring Frazier. 

Where's Jed Lowrie's number?  Also, maybe Moustakas could be available.

Well I have egg all over my face today and it's a wonder my friends on this board haven't reamed my ass good and proper.  I railed about Young being in the lineup---he hit a home run.  I said maybe Hanley ought to sit since he had been struggling......he hits a walk off homer.  I have been very angry at Bogaerts and come to fine out that his hand has been killing him.  Well as Schloik said, it was his responsibility to let Farrell know this since Farrell is out to lunch most of the time anyway.  So thanks guys for not getting all over me for my miserably wrong take before last night's game.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: elktonnick on July 18, 2017, 08:48:33 PM
These guys are rolling over on so many balls I am actually by comparison happy when somebody flies  out.  How can so many guys look so bad at the plate?

Well Elk, get your ass over to Fenway or call them up since you live in the area and try to talk to someone.  It is possible that when someone watches someone every day he doesn't see changes in a batter's comportment as someone who sees it only on occasions.  Something is terribly wrong with our hitters, that's a certainty.

It is three hours later out here but I was sleeping before I woke up to take my night stroll to the bathroom and happened to look up ans see that we won the game on Hanley's dinger.  Sure, I was pleased and happy but this team has taken its toll on me and it has on the rest of you.  We either must reverse course quickly or find ourselves embedded in that tank.  DD must get us some help because we need it, and it Bogaerts' hand is really troubling him we may need someone with a little sock to play some SS.  Holt?  Possibly but it would be good if Marrero remember how to hit as he did for a few games two weeks ago----and better if we could get someone like Jed Lowrie, who knows Boston, knows how to play here, and knows how to hit when it countr.