GAME #95, TORONTO BLUE JAYS AT BOSTON RED SOX

Started by Bear, July 18, 2017, 03:29:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Schloicka

Quote from: MongoLikeSox on July 18, 2017, 09:31:33 PM
XB's MRI could be due diligence.
Price could have been auditioning for role elsewhere.
I said before that Johnson could be on showcase, or quick look to make sure we are comfy with him going forward.

We're a little deep in the unproven part of the pen with good arms, especially in AAA.

I'm not saying anything with those guys is gonna happen, but everything that happens this time of year makes me wonder. DD and JH were both hunkered over a monitor or something an inning or so ago.  13 days and counting....

I think some kind of trade happens before next week. No need to let it drag out. If they want a 3rd baseman (or anyone for that matter) go out and get it done. They must know who they want by now and who they can get.

markj

Barnes gets into and out of a jam. Thanks mostly to a heads-up play by Pedroia.

Let's see if they can pull this one out. Pedey is doing most of the work on both sides of the field.

Schloicka

markj

Quote from: Schloicka on July 18, 2017, 10:16:27 PM
Nice throw by Leon.

It was. But then they roll over and die when they come up to bat. They should not be having such a hard time beating the Jays.

markj

Pedey pulls a GIDP. Argh. This team cannot string together hits. These damn GIDPs are killing them.

markj

Sac fly brings in a run. The sorry excuse for a Sox offense will never get 2 runs back. Game is over now.

markj

Well, they tied it up to drag this game out even longer, but Xman was put in to pinch run for Leon and screwed that up. He was out by a mile.

markj

This team is pathetic. No sense wasting sleep time on them. I'm going to bed.

Bear

Sox retired Jay's side...coming in for the kill.

Bear

Bear

Bear

Bear

Marrero, strikes out. John Henry not pleased.
Sox down, and I'm going down.
rofl, what a team....

Bear

Hanley wins it with a HR.
I should be happy....oh wait, 16 innings is a bit much to take in.

Schloicka

Sox win in the 15th on a Hanley big blast. Hector Velazquez (2-1) with the win. 4 innings pitched. Go Sox.