GAME #95, TORONTO BLUE JAYS AT BOSTON RED SOX

Started by Bear, July 18, 2017, 03:29:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

elktonnick

This is all Farrell.  It is the manager's responsibility to pick up on things like that.  Bogaerts also takes some of the blame.  It was quite noticeable that he wasn't driving the ball and he was rolling over on the ball too often.

MongoLikeSox

I think it's interesting how XB gets dropped to 6th and all of a sudden can't play. I am not doubting the injury at all - just imagining a little hissy-fit.

Somewhere in a clubhouse in Boston during a rain delay is a free-for-all fight like in that Major League movie.

;D ;D

Schloicka

Quote from: elktonnick on July 18, 2017, 06:33:26 PM
This is all Farrell.  It is the manager's responsibility to pick up on things like that.  Bogaerts also takes some of the blame.  It was quite noticeable that he wasn't driving the ball and he was rolling over on the ball too often.

If it's anyone's fault I blame the player first of all and the hitting coach second since the hitting coach works with these guys more than anyone. If Xman felt his hand wasn't 100% then he needs to say so. He's had 2 weeks plus time off to get it looked at again but apparently didn't do it. I put the blame on the Xman.

longgame

Offense not doing much again. 

Rumors are Frazier, Robertson and CWS Setup man to Yanks.  If true, this is basically a move to strengthen their pen and keep the Sox from acquiring Frazier. 

Where's Jed Lowrie's number?  Also, maybe Moustakas could be available.

longgame

Rosenthal said Frazier to Sox with Robertson but with Devers going to CWS.  That would make no sense at all and would be a terrible deal.  Then he tweets he's going to the Yankees for prospects a half hour later.

Update, the Sox tweet was a fake tweet.  He tweeted he was going for prospects including Chavis 2 hours ago. 

Schloicka

Quote from: longgame on July 18, 2017, 08:16:43 PM
Offense not doing much again. 

Rumors are Frazier, Robertson and CWS Setup man to Yanks.  If true, this is basically a move to strengthen their pen and keep the Sox from acquiring Frazier. 

Where's Jed Lowrie's number?  Also, maybe Moustakas could be available.

That would strengthen the Yanks a lot as I believe Frazier would be put at 1st base which he has played before. Robertson would help their pen tremendously.

elktonnick

Quote from: Schloicka on July 18, 2017, 08:13:07 PM

If it's anyone's fault I blame the player first of all and the hitting coach second since the hitting coach works with these guys more than anyone. If Xman felt his hand wasn't 100% then he needs to say so. He's had 2 weeks plus time off to get it looked at again but apparently didn't do it. I put the blame on the Xman.
Farrell is the manager.  It is ultimately his responsibility not the coach.  Farrell can not hide on this one. 

markj

This game is going south. The 1st place team is heading for its second straight loss to the last place team.

markj

What a pathetic half-inning for the Sox. What was that, maybe 6-8 pitches and they're done?  :losers slap

elktonnick

These guys are rolling over on so many balls I am actually by comparison happy when somebody flies  out.  How can so many guys look so bad at the plate?

Schloicka

Quote from: elktonnick on July 18, 2017, 08:33:15 PM
Quote from: Schloicka on July 18, 2017, 08:13:07 PM

Farrell is the manager.  It is ultimately his responsibility not the coach.  Farrell can not hide on this one.

Farrell doesn't have to hide from anything. It's the players responsibility to decide if he can play or not. If the player thinks something is wrong then the player needs to speak up and seek medical attention. Nobody is going to baby sit them.

elktonnick

I said X man had some responsibility as well.  However the  manager makes out the lineup.  It was quite obvious that X man wasn't himself.  The manager sits him down just like when a pitcher is out of gas. That's the manager's job to baby sit these guys.  I have sent plenty of people home who were too sick to work.   It is no difference from any job site.

markj

Pedey goes deep. No one on base, of course. Sox pull to within one run.

elktonnick

Finally a Red Sox actually drove the ball.

MongoLikeSox

XB's MRI could be due diligence.
Price could have been auditioning for role elsewhere.
I said before that Johnson could be on showcase, or quick look to make sure we are comfy with him going forward.

We're a little deep in the unproven part of the pen with good arms, especially in AAA.

I'm not saying anything with those guys is gonna happen, but everything that happens this time of year makes me wonder. DD and JH were both hunkered over a monitor or something an inning or so ago.  13 days and counting....