GAME #83, BOSTON RED SOX AT TEXAS RANGERS

Started by Bear, July 03, 2017, 01:54:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: Rob from Mass on July 03, 2017, 05:50:52 PM
Quote from: SeaBeachFred on July 03, 2017, 05:19:07 PM
Though we played very good ball the last two series tonight's game has me very concerned.  That is Porcello and the hitting.  Will Rick finally come through and make his sinker and his fastball work well for him and will our team keep hitting as they have the last few games?  Texas is no pushover and they remember how we swept them in our park back in the Spring and I'm sure they want to exact some serious revenge this series rematch.  The hitters, fielder, pitchers and manager have to have their best games ready with few mistakes and solid play.  It would be a real bummer to go out there and surrender our first place standing that it took so long to reach.  Go out there and take care of the Texans no matter what you need to do to get the job done.

Fred expecting this to be an easy run the rest of the way IMHO is setting you up for some difficult times along the way.The Sox are far from a dominant team and as I mentioned earlier there will be hard times and bumpy roads ahead. I hope I am wrong but I don`t think I am in saying this will be a long hard grind to game 162. These last few games have been great with some power, unfortunately, we don`t have what is considered a power team. Grinding out Ws with 3-4-5 hits is what the Sox are.

I totally agree with you Rob....totally.  However, what I have seen is something new.  We have taken teams into extra innings on the road and came out on top.  That is unusual and is the type of win that can really breed some much needed confidence in the ball club.   To me we have has more than our share of bumps in the road already and will have more along the way to the end of the season but we haven't yet really gone on a tear of any kind and maybe this MIGHT be one of those streaks we need like the Yankees and O's had earlier.  Porcello last night did a good job and possibly is ready to contribute to the cause.  Don't get be wrong.   Texas wants to win too and are capable of doing it, but right now we seem to be playing with more confidence.  One game at a time and keep doing those little things that can make or break a ball club.  You know the Yankees lost today to the Jays so we have a chance to  gain a little more ground and as we both know, every little bit help.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: ipot on July 03, 2017, 10:39:29 PM
Quote from: Rob from Mass on July 03, 2017, 10:31:52 PM
Like I said this team lives by the long ball. 123 before tonights game .Thats 40 more than the Sox.

Yup.  Sox are LAST in AL in HRs.  Could only imagine how many more Ws they'd have with just 20 more as a team......

Where's Travis Shaw when we need him? 

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: Rob from Mass on July 03, 2017, 11:28:47 PM
Quote from: ipot on July 03, 2017, 11:23:54 PM
Hembree comes up big. Nice.

It's all about picking up each other.Hembree did one helluva job saving Kimbrel.

That's what good teams do.  Are we maybe ready to step into that category at long last?  I mean two extra inning wins on the road in the past two series openers certainly is something to hang your hat on, and last night Hembree stepped up for Kimbrel and gave us two great innings for the win.  That's how teams wanting to go someplace good need to comport themselves.

Bill-806

Time to give  J F  an extension !!!! rofl

Rob from Mass

One loss and
the hammers cone out.