GAME #82, BOSTON RED SOX AT TORONTO BLUE JAYS

Started by Bear, July 02, 2017, 02:52:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Schloicka

Quote from: elktonnick on July 02, 2017, 03:20:29 PM
While the team is playing extremely well right now, one has to be particularly impressed by Morrero.  His defense has always been solid but he has been tearing the cover off the ball at the plate the last few days.

He looks pretty good when he is trying to go up the middle and to right field. Right now he and Lin look decent.

markj

Serious stomping here. If the score holds, the Sox will have outscored the Jays 29-6 in this series. Ouch.

markj

'Stros are up 6-0 over NYY in the 7th, so the Sox can put some distance between themselves and the rest of the ALE today.

Schloicka

Rob from Mass

Yanks losing could mean Sox be up 2 full games.

markj

3 full games, I believe. They were up 2 coming into today.

MongoLikeSox

I dread Sox trips to play the Rangers in Texas. Seems like it rarely goes will, but I don't have the numbers. Too scary.   ;D

Rob from Mass

Quote from: markj on July 02, 2017, 03:48:25 PM

You know me, Mark, I am only concerned about the loss.column.A team trailing especially in September can make up Ws but not Ls.

markj

Quote from: Rob from Mass on July 02, 2017, 04:09:50 PM

You know me, Mark, I am only concerned about the loss.column.A team trailing especially in September can make up Ws but not Ls.

I suspected that's where you were going. And you're right, in the end, the losses are what matters.

Schloicka

Looks like it will be 2 up in the loss column and 4 up in the win column after today. Big 4 game series with the Yanks coming out of the break so need to play very well before it. Sox off to an excellent start on the 10 game road trip.

Rob from Mass

Quote from: markj on July 02, 2017, 04:13:26 PM
Quote from: Rob from Mass on July 02, 2017, 04:09:50 PM

I suspected that's where you were going. And you're right, in the end, the losses are what matters.

My son thinks I am way to "old school".He is probably right but I won`t tell him that.

Rob from Mass

Nice start to the trip.Now the Rangers TB then ASB and home series with Yanks and Toronto.
Pomeranz now with a respectful 3.64 ERA.
On May  9th he had 5.23 ERA.The guy deserves a ton of credit for turning his season around.

Rob from Mass

Looks like Porcello Price and Fister to face the Rangers.

Rob from Mass

After 82 games last year they were 45-37.
47 -35 this year.

Schloicka

And by a strange rule ABAD got credit for a SAVE for pitching 3 innings and not giving up the lead. Guess it was a better game than I thought. Take a save any way you can get it.