GAME #82, BOSTON RED SOX AT TORONTO BLUE JAYS

Started by Bear, July 02, 2017, 02:52:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill-806

s DAD would say,  "SON, the KIDS look pretty good out there, how ya going to keep them down on the FARM " ??????

Schloicka

Pomerantz living well. Gets the DP to end the threat in the 5th. Still 5-1 Sox.

ipot

Betts is hot right now.  Let's see how deep Pom can go. 
"Baseball is simple. All you do is sit on your butt, spit tobacco and nod at the stupid things your manager says."
--Bill 'Spaceman' Lee

Schloicka

Need to sign Marrero long term. Keeps setting up Betts for the HR. 7-1 Sox end of the 6th.

Schloicka

Pomerantz done after 6 innings with 104 pitches and 1 earned run. Great job today.

MongoLikeSox

AB looked lost up there just now. 3Ks and an error. That'll cost him. I didn't see the first 2 Ks and the error, so can't comment. Funny the home broadcast I am stuck watching is talking about the Shaw situation and how Shaw feels he's settled down with playing every day and it's paying off. I started tea kettling. Errors aside, he was an adequate 3b. Not a GG'er by any means, but not a liability until JF got into his head and he started pulling a Knoblauch thing with his throws. I blame that whole situation on management.  Nice job!!!

If JF's ascertain that he needs to get Chris Young the AB's, why not then give JBJ and Betts the occasional day off and spread it around so that it doesn't look like a platoon. He learned this crap from Francona. Look how long it took to get Tito to leave Ellsbury in? 

grrrrrr 

Anyhow, that rant not-withstanding, this team is tough to set up a batting order.   Especially as we've lost AB for a while.   

Schloicka

Quote from: MongoLikeSox on July 02, 2017, 02:37:46 PM
AB looked lost up there just now. 3Ks and an error. That'll cost him. I didn't see the first 2 Ks and the error, so can't comment. Funny the home broadcast I am stuck watching is talking about the Shaw situation and how Shaw feels he's settled down with playing every day and it's paying off. I started tea kettling. Errors aside, he was an adequate 3b. Not a GG'er by any means, but not a liability until JF got into his head and he started pulling a Knoblauch thing with his throws. I blame that whole situation on management.  Nice job!!!

If JF's ascertain that he needs to get Chris Young the AB's, why not then give JBJ and Betts the occasional day off and spread it around so that it doesn't look like a platoon. He learned this crap from Francona. Look how long it took to get Tito to leave Ellsbury in? 

grrrrrr 

Anyhow, that rant not-withstanding, this team is tough to set up a batting order.   Especially as we've lost AB for a while.

The error was a little league error. He was in perfect position to catch the fly ball and just missed it off the end of his glove. Was a easy catch until he didn't catch it. Not going to take out Betts and JBJ while their hot. I think Benintendi needs to be more aggressive. Taking to many pitches. Young will get at bats but Benintendi still has been playing most of the time. If he wants to play more hit better.

Bill-806

13-1 ???  I will see "use guys/gals in OCTOBER"  !!! thumb_u rofl

longgame

Nice old-fashioned blowout.  And there goes Hanley!

Rob from Mass

Another good outing by our solid#2 starter.

Schloicka

Pen will probably give up a few runs with this big lead just trying to throw strikes. Will trade a few runs for 9 outs.

Bill-806

15-1  ???  We may not loose another game this year !!!  thumb_u rofl

MongoLikeSox

Quote from: Schloicka on July 02, 2017, 02:52:14 PM

grrrrrr 

The error was a little league error. He was in perfect position to catch the fly ball and just missed it off the end of his glove. Was a easy catch until he didn't catch it. Not going to take out Betts and JBJ while their hot. I think Benintendi needs to be more aggressive. Taking to many pitches. Young will get at bats but Benintendi still has been playing most of the time. If he wants to play more hit better.
I'd like to see JF have one of those blow-ups by protecting one of his many young players from the umpires doing the traditional widen the plate for the rookie batters routine. AB and Travis have both had some recent WTF was that type of calls against them.

I was quite unimpressed (PO'd) with an early season mis-play AB had in CF. He was doing that play it cool thing and didn't get into position well back near the Mahnstah. It took 5 minutes for OB and Remy to call him out on it.

Back on today's game, the sox could help themselves now by laying down and not stressing the Jay's pen out. The Jays play the Yanks next, yes?

Schloicka

Quote from: MongoLikeSox on July 02, 2017, 03:06:14 PM
Quote from: Schloicka on July 02, 2017, 02:52:14 PM

grrrrrr 

I'd like to see JF have one of those blow-ups by protecting one of his many young players from the umpires doing the traditional widen the plate for the rookie batters routine. AB and Travis have both had some recent WTF was that type of calls against them.

I was quite unimpressed (PO'd) with an early season mis-play AB had in CF. He was doing that play it cool thing and didn't get into position well back near the Mahnstah. It took 5 minutes for OB and Remy to call him out on it.

Back on today's game, the sox could help themselves now by laying down and not stressing the Jay's pen out. The Jays play the Yanks next, yes?

3 game series coming up with Toronto and Yanks. Hopefully Toronto will take out their frustration on the Yanks.

elktonnick

While the team is playing extremely well right now, one has to be particularly impressed by Morrero.  His defense has always been solid but he has been tearing the cover off the ball at the plate the last few days.