GAME #66, BOSTON RED SOX AT PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES

Started by Bear, June 15, 2017, 03:30:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rob from Mass

Quote from: Bill-806 on June 16, 2017, 01:13:09 PM
Quote from: Rob from Mass on June 16, 2017, 12:21:01 PM
Quote from: Bill-806 on June 16, 2017, 10:02:16 AM
Quote from: SeaBeachFred on June 16, 2017, 09:48:48 AM
With so many teams struggling to stay at 500, one might be inclined to sluff this all off and say....HEY THINGS ARE OK BECAUSE WE ARE EIGHT GAMES OVER 500.  Really?  Does anyone really want to say that after what went down last night?  Well maybe one or two but the rest of us have to know  that we really pissed a way a chance  to not only sweep a series but gain another game on the Yankees. And we didn't.  We gave Sale no support....again and we lost to a team mired deep in last place in their division.  I keep waiting in vain for the Red Sox to finally put it together and make a good ruin in the pennant race but the team keeps coming up boxcars.  Does this team have heart, guts, balls, and a determination to separate itself from the pack?  Yes, they do, BUT.....they can only seem to do it on occasion, maybe two or three games in a row and then they all go to sleep.  Last night the whole offense stunk but what numbed me to the bone was seeing Sandoval flailing up there at the plate for the last out.  Isn't there any way besides as act of God to get this guy out of our lineup and out of Boston?  Does Prune Face really think he can get a payback from that ridiculous contract the tendered him after the 2014 season. Does DD really believe this guy is going to hit and field and not be a total embarrassment to the ball club.  Once again, he has to go.  Maybe we can trade him to Milwaukee for their third baseman, a guy named Travis Shaw, currently hitting 302 with 11 homers and 45 RBI's.  Think he could have helped us more than your pet Fatso owner Prune Face?????
  The RED SOX   G M needs to go along with the MANAGER......  What evaaa happened to that once stocked stable of young  G M's ???  You know, the ones that were energetic, smart and aggressive !!!

Here is a great question to you BINGO BILLY?
I want you to offer us all some suggestion as who you would want to lead the Sox .

Insert here....GMs
                  ....Managers
     I want the proto type Donald Trump as the  G M  &  the prototype Dick Williams as the manager......  Aren't you glad that you asked ??  thumb_u rofl iono slap

I figured you wouldn`t know anyone by name .So yes I am very glad I asked and got no answer ..You did not shock anyone here with your knowledge other than you are probably a great bingo caller.
And for the future its not proto type .Try this prototype. Just trying to be of help.

SeaBeachFred

I see neither of you solved my problem,,,,,namely, how to we get rid of John Farrell who most of us know is an inept manager and one of the worst strategists and leaders in the game.  We go nowhere as long as his dead ass is running things.  I notice there are some people Rob who still cannot say one way or another their opinion of Farrell's ability, and I'm sure like you I know the majority think we can and should do better.  Sometimes I wonder if John Henry is really that clueless that he thinks Clueless John is actually a good mamanger WHICH HE MOST CERTAINLY IS NOT.!!!!!!!!!!

longgame

Quote from: SeaBeachFred on June 16, 2017, 02:47:21 PM
I see neither of you solved my problem,,,,,namely, how to we get rid of John Farrell who most of us know is an inept manager and one of the worst strategists and leaders in the game.  We go nowhere as long as his dead ass is running things.  I notice there are some people Rob who still cannot say one way or another their opinion of Farrell's ability, and I'm sure like you I know the majority think we can and should do better.  Sometimes I wonder if John Henry is really that clueless that he thinks Clueless John is actually a good mamanger WHICH HE MOST CERTAINLY IS NOT.!!!!!!!!!!

I don't know why you think anyone on this board is defending Farrell?  Maybe some people don't react to every issue, but I'd say the general mood here is the Sox are a) not a complete team and b) Farrell doesn't get the most out of the talent he has.  I don't think any of us have any idea how to get him out though as we aren't privy to the relationships between him, Dombrowksi and Henry.  I do know that teams that are over .500 don't generally fire a manager in the middle of the year.

Rob from Mass

I made no attempt to solve your problem since I have no logical idea.Bingo Billy thinks he has all the answer but actually he has no clue what or how to say it.As far as JF ability his in-game moves are very strange, to say the least .I can`t say if he has a grip on the clubhouse without actually being there.He IMHO is not a good manager and I think he would rank somewhere in the  17-23 range. At the season's start, I thought this team could win around 85  to possibly 90. But like a lot of RSN, I looked into career years from Mookie and JBJ which neither at the moment are having. Mookie of the two has a shot to come close to 2016 but he does have over 100 games left.No one really knows what Beni can become.Porcello is what he is a innings eater and a # 3 or 4 ST at best .Forget 2016 that is a thing of the past that will not be duplicated.E-rod has knee problems that will probably be always there to haunt him.I really doubt JF is going anywhere during this season.Our best hope is he is gone and 2018s start.I do wish that Lovullo was still here as I really believe he was giving good advice to JF in 2016.

Bill-806

Quote from: Rob from Mass on June 16, 2017, 03:45:15 PM

I made no attempt to solve your problem since I have no logical idea.Bingo Billy thinks he has all the answer but actually he has no clue what or how to say it.As far as JF ability his in-game moves are very strange, to say the least .I can`t say if he has a grip on the clubhouse without actually being there.He IMHO is not a good manager and I think he would rank somewhere in the  17-23 range. At the season's start, I thought this team could win around 85  to possibly 90. But like a lot of RSN, I looked into career years from Mookie and JBJ which neither at the moment are having. Mookie of the two has a shot to come close to 2016 but he does have over 100 games left.No one really knows what Beni can become.Porcello is what he is a innings eater and a # 3 or 4 ST at best .Forget 2016 that is a thing of the past that will not be duplicated.E-rod has knee problems that will probably be always there to haunt him.I really doubt JF is going anywhere during this season.Our best hope is he is gone and 2018s start.I do wish that Lovullo was still here as I really believe he was giving good advice to JF in 2016.
  As DAD would say,  "Mr. Rob, it does not take a  HOF fan to know that as constructed, the  G M  & Manager leave a lot to be desired" !!  There, did I say it good enough for you ??

Rob from Mass

Quote from: Bill-806 on June 16, 2017, 04:00:59 PM
Quote from: Rob from Mass on June 16, 2017, 03:45:15 PM

As DAD would say,  "Mr. Rob, it does not take a  HOF fan to know that as constructed, the  G M  & Manager leave a lot to be desired" !!  There, did I say it good enough for you ??
Well your getting better with a little coaching.HAHAHAHA

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: longgame on June 16, 2017, 03:39:23 PM

I don't know why you think anyone on this board is defending Farrell?  Maybe some people don't react to every issue, but I'd say the general mood here is the Sox are a) not a complete team and b) Farrell doesn't get the most out of the talent he has.  I don't think any of us have any idea how to get him out though as we aren't privy to the relationships between him, Dombrowksi and Henry.  I do know that teams that are over .500 don't generally fire a manager in the middle of the year.
It's plain to me that there are a couple of people here who will not commit themselves on Farrell's qualities as a manager.  They skirt around the edges and never say one thing about him one way or another.  Most of us do take a stand and, truth be told, I have been down on Farrell since the opening week of the 2014 season.  I still cannot fathom how the team on the WS in 2013 with him at the helm, and I don't think we'll win another one with him running the team.  Of course, if such a thing happened I would be obliged to tuck in my horns and issue a mea culpa and then be forced to back down.  I would make such a trade Ted.

longgame

Quote from: SeaBeachFred on June 16, 2017, 10:58:52 PM
Quote from: longgame on June 16, 2017, 03:39:23 PM

It's plain to me that there are a couple of people here who will not commit themselves on Farrell's qualities as a manager.  They skirt around the edges and never say one thing about him one way or another.  Most of us do take a stand and, truth be told, I have been down on Farrell since the opening week of the 2014 season.  I still cannot fathom how the team on the WS in 2013 with him at the helm, and I don't think we'll win another one with him running the team.  Of course, if such a thing happened I would be obliged to tuck in my horns and issue a mea culpa and then be forced to back down.  I would make such a trade Ted.

I can't disagree with the latter half of what you said, but everyone is entitled to their opinions.  It seems here the only issue is how much each of us dislikes Farrell, not if we like him.  Plus as I said, it's a moot point for now unless you have the ear of John Henry.