GAME #66, BOSTON RED SOX AT PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES

Started by Bear, June 15, 2017, 03:30:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leesam01

markj

markj

Swinging at crap. These bums have hung Sale out to dry again. And they've been shut out too many times this season.

markj

Schloicka

Sale had the best looking swing tonight. Pedroia k's in a critical spot in the 8th where he needed to make contact and the game ends on a k. Oh well. On to Houston.

Rob from Mass

I won't say what I am feeling since I don't  want Mark to kick my butt from this board.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: Rob from Mass on June 15, 2017, 08:27:15 PM
Unbelievable  that a bum with a 5.5 ERA can make this team look so bad.

No it's not Rob.  You know as well as i do that our team has it in them to make any team look good.   Too bad Sale couldn't shut them out but even then all we'd get was a tie.  I actually thought we might still pull it out in the ninth when Bradley walked with two out---and then I saw Fatso Sandoval go up there and swing at everything in sight---a more disgusting example of ineptness to a bad evening.  And now we go to Houston.  Nice if we could have won tonight.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: markj on June 15, 2017, 08:35:34 PM
Swinging at crap. These bums have hung Sale out to dry again. And they've been shut out too many times this season.

Know what I hated most about this game markj????  Just seeing Sandoval in that lineup.  Every time I see him at the plate I'm reminded of a sumo wrestler----and he swings like one too.  You know the Red Sox had always prided themselves in working the count and at least getting a good pitch to hit if the guy was pounding the strike zone.  You do NOT have to throw fatso a strike; his plate discipline is pathetic and his countenance is every worse.

ipot

Write this one down in the annals of Most Pathetic Games of 2017.   They're batting against a guy whose got the dubious distinction of never passing 5 innings with at least 100 inns as a starter Phillies history and get shut down.   Sale, of all people, is the go ahead run at 2nd with 0 outs.

A f----king disgrace.  Sale, again, is robbed of run support.
"Baseball is simple. All you do is sit on your butt, spit tobacco and nod at the stupid things your manager says."
--Bill 'Spaceman' Lee

Bill-806

Quote from: ipot on June 15, 2017, 10:30:16 PM
Write this one down in the annals of Most Pathetic Games of 2017.   They're batting against a guy whose got the dubious distinction of never passing 5 innings with at least 100 inns as a starter Phillies history and get shut down.   Sale, of all people, is the go ahead run at 2nd with 0 outs.

A f----king disgrace.  Sale, again, is robbed of run support.
  B I N G O  dat !!!   As  DAD would say,  "SON, how the hell did they loose to that team" ??  & they almost got Sale killed doing it !!!  If Sale wakes up this morning with any injury  J F should be fired on the spot, Sale's hitting, base running and HUSTLE put him in harms way. 

longgame

Bats went to sleep, except for Sale.  He has to be thinking "what more can I do?"  I think we also saw that perhaps he pitches differently with a lead and really bears down when his team doesn't score. 

Panda was pathetic in that last at bat.  The first pitch was a strike, the rest not even close but that doesn't stop Panda who looked like he never saw a breaking ball in his life. 

SeaBeachFred

With so many teams struggling to stay at 500, one might be inclined to sluff this all off and say....HEY THINGS ARE OK BECAUSE WE ARE EIGHT GAMES OVER 500.  Really?  Does anyone really want to say that after what went down last night?  Well maybe one or two but the rest of us have to know  that we really pissed a way a chance  to not only sweep a series but gain another game on the Yankees. And we didn't.  We gave Sale no support....again and we lost to a team mired deep in last place in their division.  I keep waiting in vain for the Red Sox to finally put it together and make a good ruin in the pennant race but the team keeps coming up boxcars.  Does this team have heart, guts, balls, and a determination to separate itself from the pack?  Yes, they do, BUT.....they can only seem to do it on occasion, maybe two or three games in a row and then they all go to sleep.  Last night the whole offense stunk but what numbed me to the bone was seeing Sandoval flailing up there at the plate for the last out.  Isn't there any way besides as act of God to get this guy out of our lineup and out of Boston?  Does Prune Face really think he can get a payback from that ridiculous contract the tendered him after the 2014 season. Does DD really believe this guy is going to hit and field and not be a total embarrassment to the ball club.  Once again, he has to go.  Maybe we can trade him to Milwaukee for their third baseman, a guy named Travis Shaw, currently hitting 302 with 11 homers and 45 RBI's.  Think he could have helped us more than your pet Fatso owner Prune Face?????

Bill-806

Quote from: SeaBeachFred on June 16, 2017, 09:48:48 AM
With so many teams struggling to stay at 500, one might be inclined to sluff this all off and say....HEY THINGS ARE OK BECAUSE WE ARE EIGHT GAMES OVER 500.  Really?  Does anyone really want to say that after what went down last night?  Well maybe one or two but the rest of us have to know  that we really pissed a way a chance  to not only sweep a series but gain another game on the Yankees. And we didn't.  We gave Sale no support....again and we lost to a team mired deep in last place in their division.  I keep waiting in vain for the Red Sox to finally put it together and make a good ruin in the pennant race but the team keeps coming up boxcars.  Does this team have heart, guts, balls, and a determination to separate itself from the pack?  Yes, they do, BUT.....they can only seem to do it on occasion, maybe two or three games in a row and then they all go to sleep.  Last night the whole offense stunk but what numbed me to the bone was seeing Sandoval flailing up there at the plate for the last out.  Isn't there any way besides as act of God to get this guy out of our lineup and out of Boston?  Does Prune Face really think he can get a payback from that ridiculous contract the tendered him after the 2014 season. Does DD really believe this guy is going to hit and field and not be a total embarrassment to the ball club.  Once again, he has to go.  Maybe we can trade him to Milwaukee for their third baseman, a guy named Travis Shaw, currently hitting 302 with 11 homers and 45 RBI's.  Think he could have helped us more than your pet Fatso owner Prune Face?????
  The RED SOX   G M needs to go along with the MANAGER......  What evaaa happened to that once stocked stable of young  G M's ???  You know, the ones that were energetic, smart and aggressive !!!

Rob from Mass

Quote from: Bill-806 on June 16, 2017, 10:02:16 AM
  The RED SOX   G M needs to go along with the MANAGER......  What evaaa happened to that once stocked stable of young  G M's ???  You know, the ones that were energetic, smart and aggressive !!!

Here is a great question to you BINGO BILLY?
I want you to offer us all some suggestion as who you would want to lead the Sox .

Insert here....GMs
                  ....Managers

Bill-806

Quote from: Rob from Mass on June 16, 2017, 12:21:01 PM
Quote from: Bill-806 on June 16, 2017, 10:02:16 AM

Here is a great question to you BINGO BILLY?
I want you to offer us all some suggestion as who you would want to lead the Sox .

Insert here....GMs
                  ....Managers
     I want the proto type Donald Trump as the  G M  &  the proto type Dick Williams as the manager......  Aren't you glad that you asked ??  thumb_u rofl iono slap