GAME #63, PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES AT BOSTON RED SOX

Started by Bear, June 12, 2017, 05:25:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Schloicka

Panda with the leadoff single. Leon with the bunt to move the pinch runner Marrero to 2nd. A intentional walk to Betts and a game winning single by Pedroia. Can't draw it up much better than that.

BoSoxFanNY

My apologies to Matt Barnes.

SOX win the game in 11 innings.

6-5

ipot

Quote from: BoSoxFanNY on June 12, 2017, 10:36:31 PM
My apologies to Matt Barnes.

SOX win the game in 11 innings.

6-5

Me too, bo!  Barnes did a great job.  The whole pen came through.  Barnes has more wins than Porcello now.
"Baseball is simple. All you do is sit on your butt, spit tobacco and nod at the stupid things your manager says."
--Bill 'Spaceman' Lee

elktonnick

SOX escape with a win.  Never should have been that close.

Bill-806

Entertaining, as DAD would say, "SON, that's one less we will have to win in September" !!!  thumb_u

longgame

Running into outs, the Sox manage to get it tied and go on to win.  On paper this should have been a romp, current Cy Young winner vs. a guy with the worst record in the majors.  Yet they have to battle to hang on and win.  I guess a win is a win and the ugliness won't matter in the end. 

Rob from Mass

Former CY Young seems like a long long time ago.He is barely pitching like a decent # 4.That CY year now looks like an aberration.
With this offense, no game looks like a sure W let alone a romp. Kudos to Barnes who IMO is having a pretty good season.