GAME #47, SEATTLE MARINERS AT BOSTON RED SOX

Started by Bear, May 26, 2017, 03:16:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

markj

And another gift run. Teams just love to give the Red Sox gifts.

elktonnick

The red sox have scored more runs on wild pitches or pass balls during this stretch then anytime I can recall.

longgame

Pedey is out because the field is still a mess and why take a risk with that knee that Machado hit?

Holt is like a lot of guys that they have concussions and can't come back.  Same thing happened to Dale Earnhardt, Jr. in NASCAR last year.  You can't predict when it's going to get better and it come and go.

The Sox are amazingly inept with runners on.  7 hits and 7 walks and thanks to wild pitches they were able to score.  Wow.  Sure would be nice to have the guy that's on base every time and steals bases up first instead of third.  The lack of power is something else.

longgame

Quote from: elktonnick on May 26, 2017, 08:44:08 PM
The red sox have scored more runs on wild pitches or pass balls during this stretch then anytime I can recall.

And we should be thankful, it's their most effective run scoring play.  Load the bases and hope the opposing pitcher either throws a wild pitch or a base on balls.

markj

Hembree done good again. But I agree, the Sox offense has sucked tonight. Those two gift runs might just save them.

markj

markj

markj

Schloicka

Good pitching. Just enough offense. On to the next game.

SeaBeachFred

We got back from seeing a high school game where a family friend was coaching a high school team from our area in a CIF Playoff game so I missed the game tonight.  Glad we won.....got good pitching but as mark says, our power is very limited and we should be hitting more bombs than we are.  We should have four or five guys on the team who could hit 20 homers but doesn't look like they're going to get there.   Therefore, we need to hit a lot of singles and doubles, hit in the clutch and get Pedroia back.  Now the question is how long is he going to be out.  If he is out for a sustained period we could be in serious trouble again.  I want him back as soon as possible......like tomorrow or Sunday at the latest.

ipot

E-Rod continues to make me  :)   Like how he's coming into his own this year.  If this is the pitcher he will be, Cherington did good sending Miller to the O's for him.  He's essentially our #2.  Pitching much better than Porcello.
"Baseball is simple. All you do is sit on your butt, spit tobacco and nod at the stupid things your manager says."
--Bill 'Spaceman' Lee

Muggah

Quote from: ipot on May 26, 2017, 11:37:30 PM
E-Rod continues to make me  :)   Like how he's coming into his own this year.  If this is the pitcher he will be, Cherington did good sending Miller to the O's for him.  He's essentially our #2.  Pitching much better than Porcello.

I'm with you right there, Nick. I'm enjoying the hell out of watching this kid right now. He really appears to be coming into his own.

5 in a row now, but I'm still not sold on this bunch---not with Farrell still around.
Bosox Board: The Exclusive Home of Muggah

Rob from Mass

As I said earlier the division will stay a crap shoot all year.Isee the Os as more trouble than the young Yankee pups.Still concerned on this teams lack of power.

Bill-806

Glad to see that  J F has seen the light, making things happen, keeping the defense guessing, taking what the defense gives, and not trying to play long ball/keep the line moving !!  5 in a row !! thumb_u

Bear

And what exactly is the lie? Maybe Pedroia is hurt more then they let on. Maybe not. But they have no obligation to disclose it to anyone outside the organization until they know 100% what the problem is since it's no one else's business but the Sox and Pedroia.

Sorry, I misspoke.  Possibly I should have said, sin of omission!