GAME #33, BOSTON RED SOX AT MILWAUKEE BREWERS

Started by Bear, May 10, 2017, 05:12:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

longgame

Quote from: Bill-806 on May 10, 2017, 01:25:25 PM
Quote from: Rob from Mass on May 10, 2017, 01:14:46 PM
Heavy hitting Brewers just may have another field day with Kendrick on the hill tonight.
The once deep farm system has been downgraded as we wait for the new acquires to show up healthy enough to contribute, and all of that is on the  G M  DD .....

In fairness, that's why we have guys like Sale.  LRemember, Devon Marrero was the next Nomar two years ago.

longgame

Quote from: markj on May 10, 2017, 09:17:07 PM
Geez, OB is repetitive. How may times do we have to hear about Thames playing in Korea?

I'm sure only a few more times during today's game.  I think he's just awful.  Plus it's funny to hear Remy patiently correct him often.

longgame

I guess we can say, at least they've been hitting.  Last night was the season in an nutshell.  Bottom of the rotation is putrid.  The fielding is ridiculously bad.  Baserunning isn't very good.  But they are totally incapable of hitting with men on base.  Were there 3 DPS last night?  It's pathetic.

Add to that the horrible broadcasting by O'Brien and it's just tough to watch!  They had an interesting stat on NESN this morning though, comparing the top of the rotation (Sale, Porcello and E-Rod) and they are 6-7 but with a 2.3 or so ERA and all sorts of good stats other than wins.  The real shocker is that the rest of the rotation is just awful by stats and they are 5-7, nearly equally effective.

Farrell needs to figure out something and fast.  One thing he can do is maybe flip Bogey back to first in the order as he's a pure singles hitter now and has no pop. He's hitting, just not with any power. 

Bear

Ted, seriously, are you counting on Farrell to figure things out?

Rob from Mass

Quote from: markj on May 10, 2017, 11:10:29 PM
Quote from: ipot on May 10, 2017, 10:57:49 PM
Fred, while I think we (all) agree they are rudderless, uninspired, they DO have the talent on that roster.  I don't know what it will take to wake them up.  The season is far from over but there's no spark in that clubhouse.  And that falls on Farrell's head.

Agreed. It's time to replace Farrell. Past time, really. Letting Lovullo get away was a major league bad decision.
Amen.

elktonnick

Quote from: longgame on May 11, 2017, 07:56:43 AM
I guess we can say, at least they've been hitting.  Last night was the season in an nutshell.  Bottom of the rotation is putrid.  The fielding is ridiculously bad.  Baserunning isn't very good.  But they are totally incapable of hitting with men on base.  Were there 3 DPS last night?  It's pathetic.

Add to that the horrible broadcasting by O'Brien and it's just tough to watch!  They had an interesting stat on NESN this morning though, comparing the top of the rotation (Sale, Porcello and E-Rod) and they are 6-7 but with a 2.3 or so ERA and all sorts of good stats other than wins.  The real shocker is that the rest of the rotation is just awful by stats and they are 5-7, nearly equally effective.

Farrell needs to figure out something and fast.  One thing he can do is maybe flip Bogey back to first in the order as he's a pure singles hitter now and has no pop. He's hitting, just not with any power.

You are 100% correct about the batting order. 

SeaBeachFred

Fred, while I think we (all) agree they are rudderless, uninspired, they DO have the talent on that roster.  I don't know what it will take to wake them up.  The season is far from over but there's no spark in that clubhouse.  And that falls on Farrell's head.

By what you wrote my friend I think you know what a first step to wake us up might be.  Then, again, who knows?  Maybe the so-called experts overrated this team from the get-go.  But reading your missive I guess you still believe it can get turned around and I applaud you for being optimistic in the midst of what's been happening.

Rob from Mass

Quote from: SeaBeachFred on May 11, 2017, 03:53:51 PM

By what you wrote my friend I think you know what a first step to wake us up might be.  Then, again, who knows?  Maybe the so-called experts overrated this team from the get-go.  But reading your missive I guess you still believe it can get turned around and I applaud you for being optimistic in the midst of what's been happening.

Not patting myself on the back but I did not see this team to be what the experts claimed .I thought they would be in contention since the division seemed wide open.I am still not convinced the Yanks will be like this all season with so many kids .Last year Sanchez was like what Judge is doung and the pitchers caught up with him and he hit something like .206 in September.