GAME #31, BOSTON RED SOX AT MINNESOTA TWINS

Started by Bear, May 07, 2017, 02:26:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rob from Mass

Quote from: markj on May 07, 2017, 04:34:19 PM
Holy cow. This is getting ridiculous.
Waiting a long time for a good offensive break out.

markj

Our buddy Breslow. Didn't know he was still in baseball.

markj

markj

Inning finally over. An 11 run lead should be secure.

markj

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: Rob from Mass on May 07, 2017, 12:26:57 PM
Looks like we have another day of JBJ riding the bench.Young playing again.

I would sworn that Farrell would have another brain cramp and run Bradley out there with his 175 Mendoza average, but his brain worked and Young got two more hits and two RBI's.  Bradley is now trade bait and I don't want to see him in the lineup again unless someone needs a rest (not likely yet), or someone slumps.  He needs to sit because Young has beaten him out.  Hear that Farrell????

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: Bill-806 on May 07, 2017, 01:44:31 PM
Quote from: elktonnick on May 07, 2017, 01:42:11 PM
Nintendo hit that ball 438 ft.  Benintendi has the quickest bat that I've seen in years.
CIRCA  Fred Lynn  thumb_u

But Lynn played only seven seasons for the Red Sox before they stupidly traded him.  Andrew Benintendi must play for us for at least 10-15 years.  He must NOT be traded....PERIOD!!!!!!  We have a coming star here.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: markj on May 07, 2017, 03:53:16 PM
Another walk and he's gone. Thanks, Matt.

Meatball had company here......you guessed it, Farrell.  As soon as that under-achieving bum was put in there in the eighth inning I knew our  three run lead could disappear and it almost did.  This guy must never be in the game to protect a short lead, that is, a lead of less than six runs.  He is just a gutless choke-up meatball.  Can't stand him.  He sucks.....again.

But we won the series and for the way we've been playing that seems like a king's ransom and the Twins had been playing decent ball.   Still, the jury is still way out with this team of ours.

Bill-806

This game was a "WOW"  !!!  We are on the right track !! thumb_u

Rob from Mass

Quote from: SeaBeachFred on May 07, 2017, 05:24:18 PM

I would sworn that Farrell would have another brain cramp and run Bradley out there with his 175 Mendoza average, but his brain worked and Young got two more hits and two RBI's.  Bradley is now trade bait and I don't want to see him in the lineup again unless someone needs a rest (not likely yet), or someone slumps.  He needs to sit because Young has beaten him out.  Here that Farrell????
I agree JBJ should sit but for now, he is going nowhere.Sox will get zero in return due to him playing so terrible.

ipot

Nice feeling to pull away in the 9th like that.   It was scary going up until then.  The offense has had 2 good games in a row. Sign of waking up? 

Funny that Sale had to give up 4 ERs to get the W ;)
"Baseball is simple. All you do is sit on your butt, spit tobacco and nod at the stupid things your manager says."
--Bill 'Spaceman' Lee

elktonnick

The game was won in the 8th by a clutch performance by Kimbrel.  The 8th also demonstrates why stats don't tell the whole story. Scott's line score shows that he threw a third of an inning and let up no runs but it was his wild pitch that really left the Sox in a jam, men on 2nd and 3rd with only one out and Mauer batting, leaving the mess for Kimbrel to clean up.  Both Kimbrel and Scott get a hold.

Bill-806

How about the last two days of Baseball ??? D D &  J F are the BEST !! thumb_u

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: Rob from Mass on May 07, 2017, 06:16:32 PM
Quote from: SeaBeachFred on May 07, 2017, 05:24:18 PM

I would sworn that Farrell would have another brain cramp and run Bradley out there with his 175 Mendoza average, but his brain worked and Young got two more hits and two RBI's.  Bradley is now trade bait and I don't want to see him in the lineup again unless someone needs a rest (not likely yet), or someone slumps.  He needs to sit because Young has beaten him out.  Here that Farrell????
I agree JBJ should sit but for now, he is going nowhere.Sox will get zero in return due to him playing so terrible.

There are still teams that feel that Bradley has star quality after his performance for the most part last season.  The Red Sox still talk big about him.  NOW is the time to start thinking about moving him while others have that strong feeling about his talent because if Farrell starts running him our there as we all know he will (remember 2014) and he fails to hit, then we will be stuck with an offensive lemon.  He can't hurt us offensively if he isn't playing and making outs.......and he has earned the bench just as Young has earned his job.

There might be some opportunity here too.  The Mets suspended Matt Harvey for three days for violating team  rules, whatever that meant, and it's the second time he has been suspended by that team.  In point of fact, rumors are rife that they want to and will trade Matt if a good offer came along.  This could be a chance for us to hit something big while the Mets get h elped out.  Perhaps a new venue for Bradley would get him our of the strangling pressure of Boston to a team that has needed a young and talented center fielder for some time.  We could get a solid starting pitcher, one from Connecticut who might like to come back to New England.  We could package Bradley, Little Marco, Barnes and a decent prospect (not great buyt decent) for Harvey and perhaps one of their relievers.  It is certainly worth a look.

BoSoxFanNY

Matt Harvey has not been the same since his Tommy John surgery.

My children are METS fans - and Matt Harvey has some attitude issues as well.
NOT sure I would want his attitude in our clubhouse.
Just my two cents worth!