5. Cheslor Cuthbert (R) 3B
6. Ryan O'Hearn (L) 1B
7. Bubba Starling (R) CF
8. Meibrys Viloria (L) C
9. Nicky Lopez (L) SS

Gametime Temp: 79°F
Chance of Precip: 1%

Bill-806

Sam Travis ???   I know, I know , left hander pitching ……..  HOLT can hit left handers ????? iono iono

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: Bill-806 on August 05, 2019, 03:12:18 PM
Sam Travis ???   I know, I know , left hander pitching ……..  HOLT can hit left handers ????? iono iono

Yes Holt can and what we should be doing is putting Brock in the o utfield and benching 222 hitting Jackie Bradley who once again, save that one home run he hit Saturday, is once  again heading into the never land of ineptitude------and we should keep Leon away from that batter's box with an armed guard if necessary.....And, hey Bora Bora Cora, if we do luck out and get a lead going into the late innings NO BARNES OR HEMBREE.  The season is toast but it is not too late to get your head out of your ass and start managing the team like you haven't all season.

Bill-806

J D MARTINEZ, SCRATCHED WITH "TIGHTNESS" IN THE BACK ??? iono iono iono

markj

Xander blows through a big stop sign and gets nailed at home plate. I wonder what he thought about the 3rd base coach holding both hands in the air. Did he think that was a "go" sign?

markj

markj

markj

Cora refuses to learn. Meatball Matt gives up a 3-run dinger to make it a close game again.

Sea Dog 23

Those who thought Cora was part of the solution ( I raised my hand), might need to realize he's part of the problem.

markj

elktonnick

Ok Sox win.  Barnes typifies the fundamental problem with Sox pitching.  Eckersley alluded to it.  Barnes may have an unhittable curve but he can't throw it for a strike so he walks too many guys.  Sox pitchers approach isn't working.  NESN had a very telling stat before the game.  Sox have thrown more pitches than any other team in baseball, 700 more than the next closest.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: markj on August 05, 2019, 08:47:55 PM
Cora refuses to learn. Meatball Matt gives up a 3-run dinger to make it a close game again.

That stupid ass was warned by me just hours ago----NO BARNES IN THE 8TH OR 9TH INNING!!!!!!!  What games has Bora Cora been watching this season.  Barnes is a total shit who cannot pitch under real pressure, never could and never will.  He is a total meatball choker.  Grow a brain Cora, you stubborn stupid shit and learn from this game.  No Barnes ever again in the 8th or 9th inningl

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: elktonnick on August 05, 2019, 09:16:38 PM
Ok Sox win.  Barnes typifies the fundamental problem with Sox pitching.  Eckersley alluded to it.  Barnes may have an unhittable curve but he can't throw it for a strike so he walks too many guys.  Sox pitchers approach isn't working.  NESN had a very telling stat before the game.  Sox have thrown more pitches than any other team in baseball, 700 more than the next closest.

Now that is a head scratcher and should also be a wake-up call for John Henry.  Our pitchers seem either afraid to throw the ball or are reluctant to pitch to contact.   The result is nibble after nibble and we have seen the results of that.  A stiff message should be sent Elk----and not this off season but RIGHT NOW.  You can LaVangie and the whole sickening pitching coach ensemble in the minors and get some guys who know how the hell to pitch and you start with making Pedro Martinez pitching coach.  If you remember last August after two good outings Eovaldi was cuffed around four or five starts in a row until Pedey corrected some flaws in his delivery and place on the rubber.  We saw the result in the post-season.  There has to be pitching coaches around who are a hell of alot better than the stiffs we have at the minor league level who have failed beyond reason to develop nothing but Barneses.  Back up the truck.

Bill-806

Quote from: markj on August 05, 2019, 07:14:21 PM
Travis with a 2-run dinger makes it 3-0.
So GLAD he was in the LINEUP  !!! thumb_u rofl rofl rofl

Bill-806

RED SOX WIN, RED SOX WIN !!!!   I knew that they would WIN another game THIS YEAR !!!! thumb_u rofl rofl rofl