5. Avisail Garcia (R) RF
6. Kevin Kiermaier (L) CF
7. Matt Duffy (R) 3B
8. Eric Sogard (L) 2B
9. Willy Adames (R) SS

Gametime Temp: 79°F
Chance of Precip: 28%

Sea Dog 23

Porcello continues the disasters in the rotation.  Two dingers in the 2nd.  It's 5-0.

Schloicka

BoSoxFanNY

SO - Porcello punched out two televisions after his first
inning allowing only ONE run, what is he going to do after
giving up FOUR runs in the second?

CRAP!

WHAT happened to this team that just last week took 2 out of 3 from Tampa
Bay IN Tampa Bay?  And took 3 out of 4 from the Yankees?

THIS TEAM IS SO INCONSISTENT.

Just when you think they have turned a corner and maybe, just maybe
the second wild card is in sight - they blow.

Murph

This tonight is reason enought why DD absolutely  did the right thing by doing NOTHING.Why get upset by losing now .Much better than getting crushed  later on . Fair SP at best with bottom tier BP  sets up in and out quickly.Hopefully with money off the books and not resigning some will bode for a better 2020.

markj

Mookie K's looking at a pitch right down Broadway with Chavis 90ft away. Then Raffy grounds out to strand Chavis. Back to the No Clutch Hitting team we've seen for most of the season.

markj

Porcello with a couple K's and then he gives up another dinger. Ugh.

elktonnick

Murph

Sea Dog 23

I could be wrong, but I think the players are aghast that no megastar is joining their team and are more or less pi$$ed.  Sale voiced his displeasure in the spring that all of MLB was rejecting the free agents.

Yet management seems to be calling their bluff today.  Play hard now with what you got, or other arrangements will take place.

markj

3 runs down in the 9th with 2 on and Beni K's looking. Sort of the whole season in that one pitch. No. Clutch. Hitting.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: Murph on July 31, 2019, 07:15:21 PM
This tonight is reason enought why DD absolutely  did the right thing by doing NOTHING.Why get upset by losing now .Much better than getting crushed  later on . Fair SP at best with bottom tier BP  sets up in and out quickly.Hopefully with money off the books and not resigning some will bode for a better 2020.

That is what we have to hope for Murph because this season is heading for a very bad conclusion, and DD was smart not to do anything because it is more than just the bullpen.  The starters have cratered, our hitters hit out of sync and we seem to be just going through the motions out there.  There should be a lot of money off the books this off season and that should include Porello, Hembree, and, yes, even Bradley who still cannot hit worth shit three-fourths of the time.  I wouldn't moind seeing Barnes hit the pavement either along with Leon.  DD has to be ruthless this winter and not be concerned with any pets Cora might have.  And Cora needs to be told that another horseshit Spring Training regimen resembling the one we sucked through in March will allow more time for Alex to stay in Puerto Rico after he get canned for malfeasance.  And, yes, a new pitching coach who knows what the hell he is doing.

We have four titles this century, more than any of the other teams and that is going to have to comfort us this winter because we just aren't going anywhere but home.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: Sea Dog 23 on July 31, 2019, 09:11:11 PM
I could be wrong, but I think the players are aghast that no megastar is joining their team and are more or less pi$$ed.  Sale voiced his displeasure in the spring that all of MLB was rejecting the free agents.

Yet management seems to be calling their bluff today.  Play hard now with what you got, or other arrangements will take place.

Well Sea Dog, if that was what management was attempting it fell flat as our team did on the field.  Some of these guys need to be sent elsewhere after this season.

Bill-806

Quote from: SeaBeachFred on July 31, 2019, 10:44:03 PM

Well Sea Dog, if that was what management was attempting it fell flat as our team did on the field.  Some of these guys need to be sent elsewhere after this season.
B I N G O dat !!!! Again, TAMPA BAY & their OPENER shows the RED SOX how to PITCH in the NEW WORLD of JUICED BASEBALLS  !!!! iono iono iono iono

Murph

Megastars not coming  in but be damn sure at  least 1 under control  will and should leave and will benefit the club going forward.