Re: GAME #107, SUNDAY, JULY 28, 2019, NEW YORK YANKEES @ BOSTON RED SOX

Started by Schloicka, July 27, 2019, 08:15:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Murph

longgame

I was surprised that O'Brien is actually much better on radio than on TV.  I think it helps that he's not trying to suck up to his broadcast partner.  I always laugh when he asks a question of Remy in particular and Remy politely says "not really...".  The ESPN team is about as awful as it gets although I really can't stand Joe Buck at Fox either.  He and O'Brien are cut from the same cloth.  Listen when he does football, you'd think Aikman has it in his contract that he is to be referred to only as "The Hall of Famer Troy Aikman". 

elktonnick

The female softball players sounds so contrived trying to convince her audience that she is as expert as A-Rod.  It is a joke.  The play by play guy Matt V is equally as bad.  Makes me wish that Jon Miller and Joe Morgan were back on ESPN.

SeaBeachFred

A few things I picked up last night that some of your made light of.  That Jessica what's her name has no business being on that ESPN Sunday Night broadcast.  To me blunt, she doesn't know shit about baseball and it seems to be that as the weeks drag on she prepares less and less.  This was not the firs time A-Rod posed a question to her that sounded to here like it came from Mars.  Fine to be gender neutral---as it should be, but by God you have to have a lady who knows what the hell she is talking about.

A second point about the game last night......despite the loss it should have ended any dream any of you had out there that we have any chance for another AL East Title this season.  We don't and haven't since the middle of May when we flattened out with too many hot and cold performances.  As hard it is going to be a Wild Card is our best venue into the post season, and that only happens if we can finally shake the continuous flat performances for our team and to see them play every game as it might their last.   They put themselves into this unsavory position and it is up to them to extricate themselves from it by winning about 65-70 percent o their remaining games so they make the playoffs.  They can start by winning at least two of the three against Tampa Bay and then invading Yankee Stadium and winning two of the four games there.

longgame

Probably right about the AL East.  It will take a Yankee collapse.  Still, they have 7 games remaining in this stretch and I've thought all along that 10-4 would be a very good mark over those games.  They're tracking to that, but can't let up.

We've got a good shot against the Rays as Sale isn't pitching in this series.  That's the real shame.  Even if they get hot, they can't win without the old Chris Sale at the top of the rotation. 

elktonnick

Surprisingly the weekend series led me to believe that the Yankees starting pitching isn't strong enough to get them to the world series much less win it all.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: elktonnick on July 30, 2019, 08:28:11 AM
Surprisingly the weekend series led me to believe that the Yankees starting pitching isn't strong enough to get them to the world series much less win it all.

Unless they get hot all of a sudden, but keep in mind Elk that the Yankees have a lot of surplus talent they can trade for pitching and it wouldn't surprise me on twit to see them go in big in the next 36 hours.  And we need to shitcan this closer by committee like yesterday.