Re: GAME #107, SUNDAY, JULY 28, 2019, NEW YORK YANKEES @ BOSTON RED SOX

Started by Schloicka, July 27, 2019, 08:15:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

markj

Yeah, another poor showing by Sale. And now Xander blows a play he should have had. They just can't handle nationally broadcast game pressure, it seems. Still, I'll take 3 out of 4 in this series. Much better than I thought they'd do.

Murph

Sale  5 ip and 100 pitches.Wonderful for a #5.WTF was the FO thinking.?

Schloicka

Nice throw by JBJ to the Yankee 1st base coach. Cost 2 runs.

markj

Back to the team we've seen most of this season. Just odd how they can pull it all together for a few games and then revert to minor league bums overnight.

markj

What's with ESPN? Are on screen graphics too techie for them?

markj

No they're giving away runs. How many runs tonight due to errors?

markj

markj

markj

Those runs allowed due to sloppy play are looming large now.

markj

My god, ESPN announcers are horrible. What a load of drivel.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: Schloicka on July 28, 2019, 08:23:12 PM
Nice throw by JBJ to the Yankee 1st base coach. Cost 2 runs.

That was bad and he does make a fluke error like that sometime, but that catch he made in the second inning was another gem.  Jack's problem is and always will be his hitting.  He is srikeout machine that only hits between 220-235 and again I say that is not going to cut it.  After 2020, unless sooner, we have to cut bait with him and put someone out there who can hit a lot more consistently.

SeaBeachFred

I'll gladly take the three our of four from the Yankees---any day.  But I have to worry some because tonight they loked like the team that could show up uninterested, bored and flat as a pancake.  Hope it doesn't carry over to this coming week.

Bill-806

Not the results that we were looking for ……..  Can't make mistakes against good teams …..  YANKS starter is going to be a great one , he made the SOX work & did not hurt himself with WALKS …..  OFF today, REST up boys, another action packed week ahead !!! iono iono

longgame

I listened to the first half of the game in the car.  O'Brien was actually on with Sean McDonough and said at the beginning that this was the biggest game of the year so far for the Sox.  I tend to agree.  They were all set to take a 4 game series with their ace on the mound.  Once again, the "ace" lost his concentration and threw some stinkers.  Not sure what the hell is going on there, but we need a pitching coach who can fix these problems, not let them last all year long.  As for the overall state of play in last night's game, it was as poor as the announcing.  The end where A-Rod was asking the softball player who she would trade, etc. was uncomfortable as she didn't have a clue.  It's clear she doesn't really follow the sport unlike A-Rod who comes up with some good points at time but delivers them poorly. I think I mentioned the last time they were on Sunday night that A-Rod has developed this speech pattern where he makes a point, then a counterpoint followed by a pause and then a "dramatic" (not) delivery of the final three or four words. 

Anyhow back to the game, the JBJ error was strange - but they pointed out that Moreland was in place to back up the cutoff and not at 1B where JBJ was expecting him.  Both teams played fairly poorly but we had Sale so it was almost like you expect a loss. 

Sea Dog 23

Speaking of the mediocre broadcasting, I think it was our game with the Rays last week on MLB,  the cameras left the game and had a segment in the booth.  All three announcers were playing rock-paper-scissors.  I forgot what their segweigh was, maybe didn't have one.  Really a clown show.