Re: GAME #106, SATURDAY, JULY 27, 2019, NEW YORK YANKEES @ BOSTON RED SOX

Started by Schloicka, July 26, 2019, 09:45:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SeaBeachFred

Three in a row mean that we have won the series and go for a sweep tomorrow.  No one can feel unhappy tonight.  First of all Papi got out of the hospital and then we put a beat down on the Yankees again.  Well hell, they were pushing us around earlier so it was our turn to give them some of their own medicine.  The only problem is that I still get very nervous those last two or three innings.  Today Eovaldi made it closer than I would have liked, but something unique also occurred and bet none of you can get it.  I can because I have been watching for it to see if it would ever happen this season.  One of our relievers actually got two holds in the ninth inning for two days in a row  Brandon Workman.  They were not closer types but we navigated through the ninth yesterday and today and stopped what could have been a Yankee uprising.

Just FYI, Craig Kmbrel came into the game for the Cubs with a one run lead in the  bottom of the tenth frame and gave up a game tying homer and then a two run blast that sent down my favorite National League team.  Goes to show you that relief pitchers this year have had a lot of trouble all around baseball.

elktonnick

Workman may not be a closer but he is the only one who has the temperament to close.  Barnes doesn't.  Eovoldi simply hasn't had enough time facing live MLB hitters to be put in a closer's position.  He was just missing yesterday.  Given enough opportunities to pitch he just be fine in a week or so.

Bill-806

Keep in mind, EVOLDI is still in SPRING TRAINING !!!!  He & HERNANDEZ will make a BIG difference !!!!!  GO SOX !! thumb_u rofl rofl rofl

BoSoxFanNY

BEFORE this series began - the Yankees were on a tear.
I was hoping that we would split the series -
this team has far exceeded my expectations!

Our offense is finally showing their 2018 World Series form.

KEEP IT GOING!