GAME #105, FRIDAY, JULY 26, 2019, NEW YORK YANKEES @ BOSTON RED SOX

Started by Schloicka, July 25, 2019, 09:44:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

markj

WTF is with Hembree? Finish this game, bozo. Get an out, at least. 17 pitches, one BB, no outs, and one run in with two left on base. Useless doesn't begin to describe him tonight.

elktonnick

Hembree has no business pitching against the Yankees.  He has no confidence in his pitches.  That was a complete waste.  Please dfa him.

markj

markj

markj

Sea Dog 23

SeaBeachFred

We took it to the Yankees again tonight by pounding their pitchers and getting a strong start from Cashner who beat a team that we need to beat any  time we can.  Good start and we know for sure that when Mookie and JD are hitting it makes our team that much better.  Not too much to complain about tonight; never is when we beat the Yankees but in the ninth inning Hembree really pissed me off.  It actually looked like he was afraid to throw the ball and believed the longer he waited perhaps he wouldn't have to throw it.  Cora looked good yanking his ass out of the game.  Look, there is no reason we have to sweat with a 10-3 lead in the ninth inning and yet I was hyperventilating at how inept Hembree looked. NOW GO OUT DOMBROWSKI AND GET A CLOSER AND A SOLID 7TH OR 8TH INNING PITCHER.  This CBC is pure horse dung and totally ineffective.

We played two good games in a row and that is great because we haven't done this against a real good team up to now, but there must be no deep breathing that we got a split and can relex.  We cannot.  We have to keep hammering away at the Yankees and do not let them breath.  We have a great chance to win this series and we have to do it, pure and simple.  Good game for us tonight.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: markj on July 26, 2019, 09:16:56 PM
WTF is with Hembree? Finish this game, bozo. Get an out, at least. 17 pitches, one BB, no outs, and one run in with two left on base. Useless doesn't begin to describe him tonight.

Hell markj, did you hear Smoltz and Costas in the 9th inning?????  They were beside themselves with irritation at how long Hembree was taking on the mount.  He should have been out there dealing with a seven run lead.  Fact is, we do NOT have a dependable pitcher to pitch the ninth inning.  Oh sure, we get by with what we have but tell me how many times any of these bozos have gone out there two or three times IN A ROW effectively in the final inning.  I'll tell you something you probably already know markj....NONE!!!!!!!!!!!

Bill-806

As DAD would say,  "SON, how about OUR RED SOX" !!!! thumb_u rofl rofl rofl rofl