GAME #81, TUESDAY, JUNE 25, 2019, CHICAGO WHITE SOX @ BOSTON RED SOX

Started by Schloicka, June 25, 2019, 10:14:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

longgame

BTW, great broadcast choices this weekend - either then network team from ESPN or Fox (almost as bad as ESPN), or from what I can gather, Dave O’Brien and Joe Castiglione on the radio!  Or maybe just watch it with the sound off?!?!

longgame

markj

Looks like the rain is moving out. I wasn't suggesting the game to be called, just delayed a bit.

Schloicka

Price with the win. Workman with the save. Sox are now 33-3 when leading after 8 innings.

markj

Raffy with a great night at the plate. Need a win tomorrow to set them up for London.

markj

Halfway through the season with 44 wins. I know you can't directly extrapolate, but that works out to 88 wins this year. Hardly a banner year.

SeaBeachFred

Certainly a lot different from the second game of the series with Toronto last Saturday.  This time we came from an early deficit, got the lead and held it for a decent win.  Now we NEED TO SWEEP THIS SERIES-----two out of three would have been fine had we won the Blue Jay tussles but we didn't.  We need to leave Boston with a 4-2 home stand.  Good bullpen work tonight.  Now if only we could really start playing smart consistent winning baseball we could grab the top Wild Card spot.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: longgame on June 25, 2019, 08:47:47 PM
Beni has been banged up and he may give him tomorrow off to let him get four days off.  With this weather that makes sense, although I’d worry about Raffy and his hammy too.  I think they have to get this game in or find a common day off when Chicago is close enough to fly in for a game.  Hopefully they’ll call it soon now that we’re ahead.

Thanks for the update Ted.  Maybe it was good Andrew got the night off, but I'd like to see him in the lineup tomorrow.  He then could have a couple of days rest and be ready for the Yankees.

markj

Heatwave coming to Europe this weekend, but in London it looks like Saturday will be the only really hot day.