5. Eloy Jimenez (R) LF
6. Jon Jay (L) RF
7. Yoan Moncada (S) 3B
8. Jose Rondon (R) 2B
9. Zack Collins (L) C

Gametime Temp: 69°F
Chance of Precip: 53%

markj

Halfway point in the season. No more BS about it being a long season and there's plenty of time.

Murph

Wright up Smith down. Hopefully, he learned his lesson and stays away from the peds.

Murph

Sox-Yanks playing over the pond this weekend.
Field dimensions .330 to the poles and 385 to CF.

Bill-806

Quote from: Murph on June 25, 2019, 12:08:00 PM
This trip is not going to end well (maybe for both teams) as this is a CIRCUS that can bring many problems not only on the season but safety too  ?? iono iono iono iono

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: markj on June 25, 2019, 10:51:24 AM
Halfway point in the season. No more BS about it being a long season and there's plenty of time.

Right markj---NO MORE BS because there isn't all that much time left.  I have conceded the AL East to the Yankees but unless we show we are a team that can make a real go of it in the post season I just as son forfeit that if we are going to go in flat as we have so many times this season in games we needed to win.  And tonight we need David at his best and willing to go seven innings to give the pen a breather while the hitting wakes up and all contribute to the cause.  There must not be any replica of that disgraceful piss poor play that we showed in the Toronto series after our dramatic win on Friday.

longgame

I'm really surprised they're allowing this now.  It's bad enough they'll be on a makeshift field, but they have some precedent when they've done some temporary fields in recent years, like when they've played at the LLWS or at military bases.  But these short fences with the juiced baseballs could make this farcical and given the Yankees seem to have 12 guys on the roster with 20 HRs already, I hope we aren't bombarded too badly. 

Sea Dog 23

For one of the two wild cards, we'll be battling the Rays.  Hopefully the Twins can put a beat down on them this week to give us a little margin for the Yanks series.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: Schloicka on June 25, 2019, 10:14:57 AM
7:10 pm Eastern

RED SOX

David Price (L)

1. Mookie Betts (R) RF
2. Rafael Devers (L) 3B
3. Xander Bogaerts (R) SS
4. J.D. Martinez (R) LF
5. Jackie Bradley Jr. (L) CF
6. Christian Vazquez (R) C
7. Michael Chavis (R) 1B
8. Marco Hernandez (L) 2B
9. Eduardo Nunez (R) DH

WHITE SOX

Carson Fulmer (R)

1. Leury Garcia (S) CF
2. Tim Anderson (R) SS
3. Jose Abreu (R) 1B
4. James McCann (R) DH
5. Eloy Jimenez (R) LF
6. Jon Jay (L) RF
7. Yoan Moncada (S) 3B
8. Jose Rondon (R) 2B
9. Zack Collins (L) C

Gametime Temp: 69°F
Chance of Precip: 53%

What kind of a lineup is this?????????  Benintendi is starting to hit the ball hard once again (finally) and now he is on the pine?  Martinez' back is acting up and he's playing in the outfield?  What the $#@% is going through Cora'a addled brain.  This may not be al ineup that we can win by.  Anwhen the hell is Holt, Moreland and Pearce coming back??????

Bill-806

Quote from: longgame on June 25, 2019, 01:05:53 PM

I'm really surprised they're allowing this now.  It's bad enough they'll be on a makeshift field, but they have some precedent when they've done some temporary fields in recent years, like when they've played at the LLWS or at military bases.  But these short fences with the juiced baseballs could make this farcical and given the Yankees seem to have 12 guys on the roster with 20 HRs already, I hope we aren't bombarded too badly.
& DAT's a  B I N G O !! iono iono iono iono

markj

Vaz comes through with a 2 run single. Nice clutch hit. Game tied.

markj

I can't believe they're playing in this crappy weather. MLB really needs to review their rain delay decision making process.

markj

No sooner posted that and one of the White Sox players hurt his ankle, possibly because of the wet dirt.

Schloicka

Quote from: markj on June 25, 2019, 08:27:50 PM
I can't believe they're playing in this crappy weather. MLB really needs to review their rain delay decision making process.

Problem is they can't play it tomorrow because the Red Sox are heading to London after their 1pm game. White Sox don't come back to Fenway. You'd think they'd call it but they started knowing it was going to rain and will try to finish. I think it's dangerous but they seem to play a lot of games in bad weather.

longgame

Beni has been banged up and he may give him tomorrow off to let him get four days off.  With this weather that makes sense, although I’d worry about Raffy and his hammy too.  I think they have to get this game in or find a common day off when Chicago is close enough to fly in for a game.  Hopefully they’ll call it soon now that we’re ahead.