5. Eloy Jimenez (R) LF
6. Jon Jay (L) RF
7. Yoan Moncada (S) 3B
8. Yonder Alonso (L) DH
9. Jose Rondon (R) 2B

Gametime Temp: 72°F
Chance of Precip: 0%

Bill-806

Which EROD will be at FENWAY PAAAK tonight ?? iono iono iono iono iono iono iono

longgame

Quote from: Bill-806 on June 24, 2019, 01:38:37 PM
Which EROD will be at FENWAY PAAAK tonight ?? iono iono iono iono iono iono iono

I think the bigger question is will the Sox manage to score against Giolito?

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: longgame on June 24, 2019, 02:37:16 PM
Quote from: Bill-806 on June 24, 2019, 01:38:37 PM

I think the bigger question is will the Sox manage to score against Giolito?

My question is when will Holt be back.  Having Nunez or even little Marco at second is enough to give me a bad case of the shakes.  We also need Pearce and Moreland back for some much needed batting punch.  Tonight?  My heart says we can prevail but my head remembers very vividly just how crappy we looked against the Jays.  I don't even want to flip a coin.  I can only hope and keep my fingers  tightly crossed.

longgame

elktonnick

Now what was the point of taking the pitcher out with a 3-2 count unless he was injured?  Of course he walks him.

markj

Schloicka

Nice win. Workman with the win. Hernández with the game winning single. On to Tuesday.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: markj on June 24, 2019, 09:49:43 PM
Hernandez pulls a rabbit out of the hat. Sox win 6-5.

Let's be honest about this.......it was Tim Anderson of the Pale Hose who pulled the rabbit out for us, along with an assist from a snoozing Yoan Moncada.  That ball hit by Hernandez has fielder's choice written all over it and all Anderson had to do was flip the ball to Moncada who still was close enough to the third base bag to snag the ball and touch third before Bogaerts could get there.  We got ourselves a gift run and win---now let's see if the team was so exhausted after the game that they will fall apart the next two games as they did in their disgraceful exhibition of baseball against Toronto over the weekend.  Sorry guys, but I still have real doubts about the character and toughness of our team.  I saw how Mookie got fooled in the 8th inning on a ball he never should have swung on and then loafed out of the batter's box after failing to hit in the clutch again.  Martinez in the ninth???? Did you see that?  He swung at two balls almost in the dirt and struck out looking feeble.  Someone or somebodies have got to wake this snoozing team up.  OK, happy that we won, but, let's face it, we still look like shit much of the time.

longgame

Fred, you don't get style points and I'd rather have them win when they're scuffling than not.  They also gave away some runs in that game too and a lot of teams will make errors that cause the other team to score.  Last year, if another team made an error, the Sox made them pay.  This year, not as much, but you take what the game gives you.

I don't recall Martinez being in a slump like this in his time with the Sox.  Nice to see Betts with a solo shot, but it would be nice if he could come up big with men on base for a change. 

elktonnick

I haven't been particularly impressed with either Betts or Martinez's approach at the plate.  In JD's defense I do believe that his back may not be 100%.  He seems to be having trouble picking up the pitch or his back is affecting his bat speed.  At least that's what it looks like to me.   In any case Sox hitters seem to take way too many third strikes.   I'd like to see them shorten their swings and adopt a more effective approach when hitting with two strikes.

Murph

J.D. Martinez 0-for-12 in his past 3 games and multi-hit games in only two of his past nine games. Have to wonder if his back is hurting him

Bill-806

Quote from: Schloicka on June 24, 2019, 09:54:53 PM
Nice win. Workman with the win. Hernández with the game winning single. On to Tuesday.
I like this kid HERNANDEZ as he looks SMOOTH, compared to the ROUGHNESS of NUNEZ ?? iono iono iono