5. Freddy Galvis (S) SS
6. Rowdy Tellez (L) CF
7. Randal Grichuk (R) 1B
8. Brandon Drury (R) 3B
9. Danny Jansen (R) C

Gametime Temp: 81°F
Chance of Precip: 0%

Bill-806

ALEX heard me yesterday …….  HOLT @ 3rd & HERNANDEZ @ 2nd ….. Just got better at TWO positions !! iono iono

Sea Dog 23

Interesting Vaz catching Rick.  I thought he was having nothing of that?

Bill-806

SENDING HOLT around 3rd was ?????????   Also, looks like HOLT pulled a HMMEY ??? iono iono

elktonnick

Quote from: Sea Dog 23 on June 23, 2019, 12:36:54 PM
Interesting Vaz catching Rick.  I thought he was having nothing of that?

Now you can see why Porcello doesn't like pitching to Vazquez and why Nunez is a liability on defense whenever he plays.

Sea Dog 23

Jays with a big inning. Stroman is eating our lunch. I hate to say it, but half the team looks like they'd as soon go bowling, golfing, fill in the blanks.  It's like they dread coming home to Boston.

elktonnick

Quote from: Sea Dog 23 on June 23, 2019, 02:02:37 PM
Jays with a big inning. Stroman is eating our lunch. I hate to say it, but half the team looks like they'd as soon go bowling, golfing, fill in the blanks.  It's like they dread coming home to Boston.

I agree this team is the most joyless bunch since BV's days.

markj

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: elktonnick on June 23, 2019, 02:46:28 PM
Quote from: Sea Dog 23 on June 23, 2019, 02:02:37 PM

I agree this team is the most joyless bunch since BV's days.

The team has become a joke.  They're almost advertising it with their pitiful play that there is no chance to  go anywhere this year and the whole organization stands equally convicted for this sad and sorry state of affairs.  Hell, I took a Red Sox tee shirt off and put on my Chargers once instead.  From the looks of things today I made the right decision.  It's anybody's guess what has has happened to them but one thing is certain......THEY ARE VERY CLOSE TO BECOMING A REAL SHITTY TEAM!!!!!!!

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: Bill-806 on June 23, 2019, 12:49:51 PM
SENDING HOLT around 3rd was ?????????   Also, looks like HOLT pulled a HMMEY ??? iono iono

All these damn hammies......first Devers and now Holt.  Well in my unsolicited  but determined opinion I think you can thank all that God damn weightlifting for all the hamstring pulls being suffered in baseball the past decade or so.  You cannot maneuver with tight heavily muscled bodies in a game that is based on dexterity and suppleness.   That along with this miserable emphasis on analytics which has given heavy rise to all these new acronyms instead of RBI's, batting average, ERA, and WINS (period) is making the game one for bean counters and figger filberts manned by butts who never played the game and have no conception what brains,  heart, guts and balls are more important than all of that shit that is being dispensed nowadays.

Everything is based on home runs, shifts, pitch counts and other assorted nonsense that had nothing to do with the baseball played for over 100 years.  One day some team will revert back to the hit and run, taking the extra base, drag bunting for hits and stop this shit of trying to upper cut every @#$#%&+? pitch that comes down the pike and return to the line drive and hitting down on the ball for maximum effect and a cut down of the enormous amount of strikeouts that to be are hurting the game and certainly hurting our team.   Thank you for allowing me to have my rant.

markj

For those of you who thought  "TL;DR" for Fred's post above, just think "Money Ball."

It's all about the stats.

Murph

As Dandy Don Meredith used to say turn out the lights the party's over. Well, maybe not exactly over but getting pretty damn close. When the worst hitting team in the AL takes 2-3 at home there's very little to think otherwise. Yeah, there's a long way to go so I guess that's the hope we need to cling to. The July trade deadline will bring little to help.

longgame

I’ve been trying to be positive about the team but they left me nothing to be positive about this weekend.  Losing last night was bad enough but yet again they didn’t show up today.  You’re always going to lose some close ones, but these guys go flat in a hurry.

They’ve got some definitive stretches still to come if they can hang around.  I’m concerned about the London trip -  you may have heard Dave O’Brien mention it and I can imagine his booth mates are thrilled to hear him brag while they stay home.  Apparently the fences are really short. Facing the Yankees it could get ugly.

Bill-806

Quote from: SeaBeachFred on June 23, 2019, 03:11:21 PM
Quote from: Bill-806 on June 23, 2019, 12:49:51 PM

All these damn hammies......first Devers and now Holt.  Well in my unsolicited  but determined opinion I think you can thank all that God damn weightlifting for all the hamstring pulls being suffered in baseball the past decade or so.  You cannot maneuver with tight heavily muscled bodies in a game that is based on dexterity and suppleness.   That along with this miserable emphasis on analytics which has given heavy rise to all these new acronyms instead of RBI's, batting average, ERA, and WINS (period) is making the game one for bean counters and figger filberts manned by butts who never played the game and have no conception what brains,  heart, guts and balls are more important than all of that shit that is being dispensed nowadays.

Everything is based on home runs, shifts, pitch counts and other assorted nonsense that had nothing to do with the baseball played for over 100 years.  One day some team will revert back to the hit and run, taking the extra base, drag bunting for hits and stop this shit of trying to upper cut every @#$#%&+? pitch that comes down the pike and return to the line drive and hitting down on the ball for maximum effect and a cut down of the enormous amount of strikeouts that to be are hurting the game and certainly hurting our team.   Thank you for allowing me to have my rant.
ADD IN THE "JUICED BALL"  & you have a  B I N G O !!! iono iono rofl rofl rofl rofl

elktonnick

Quote from: longgame on June 23, 2019, 06:04:56 PM
I’ve been trying to be positive about the team but they left me nothing to be positive about this weekend.  Losing last night was bad enough but yet again they didn’t show up today.  You’re always going to lose some close ones, but these guys go flat in a hurry.

They’ve got some definitive stretches still to come if they can hang around.  I’m concerned about the London trip -  you may have heard Dave O’Brien mention it and I can imagine his booth mates are thrilled to hear him brag while they stay home.  Apparently the fences are really short. Facing the Yankees it could get ugly.

As aggravating as watching this listless bunch play absolutely crappy baseball, listening to O'Brien prattle on with his endless boring nonsense makes this impossible situation so much worse.