Andrew Vaughn (R) 1B
Gavin Sheets (L) RF
Lenyn Sosa (R) 3B
Zach Remillard (R) 2B
Korey Lee (R) C

Gametime Temp: 61F
Chance of Precip: 20%

Sea Dog 23

The last dozen games have been many Sox going through the motions.  But Abreu may have staked his claim on a 2024 outfield slot with his work.  The K rate is not good, but the guy really has an eye and makes contact.

Schloicka

Quote from: Sea Dog 23 on September 24, 2023, 02:11:16 PM
The last dozen games have been many Sox going through the motions.  But Abreu may have staked his claim on a 2024 outfield slot with his work.  The K rate is not good, but the guy really has an eye and makes contact.

Well I figure Duvall is gone but Ceddanne Rafaela will take his spot as the right handed hitting outfielder (unless he is the 2nd baseman). If Abreu sticks then either Verdugo or Duran will be gone.

MongoLikeSox

With the $$ we need to spend on pitching, I can't see going after Duvall unless Turner opts out of is $13.4M option.

On the 2B front, Jahmai had a field report on Saturday that indicated Cora's fondness for Urias, which was zero surprise to me. I think it was love at first sight. He's had a little too much style over function early on and got on my "Please, No" list. He's done better lately, before the calf injury. I hope he comes into Spring Training with a whole new plate approach.

Abreu was an interesting story this year. His minor league career is impressive. You can look at the numbers and see his progression. It's as if he blew every assignment out of the water and broke the curve for everyone else.