Gametime Temp: 64F
Chance of Precip: 64%

markj

Sea Dog 23

Sea Dog 23

markj

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: markj on September 23, 2023, 05:39:27 PM
Shut out by the lowly White Sox. Dalbec with 4 Ks.

Sorry to say but Dalbec is still Dalbec, and I naively believed he might have turned a corner this season in the minors.  My bad.

MongoLikeSox

Pivetta pitched well. 7IP, 3H, 1BB and 6K's. I was dozing too much to recall how he looked in the 7th except that I was surprised that Wincowski was in for the 8th. Did Pivetta start to lose it in the 7th? 92 pitches is certainly in his wheelhouse.

Quote from: SeaBeachFred on September 23, 2023, 07:06:35 PM

Sorry to say but Dalbec is still Dalbec, and I naively believed he might have turned a corner this season in the minors.  My bad.
His K's are worse than ever. A bit over 40% in Worcester. Lots of experimentation this year to that end. What is better than ever, though, is when he actually does make contact. Not just wild swings, but base hits and doubles using most of the field. He's become a complete hitter - sigh - except for the K's.

Schloicka

Quote from: MongoLikeSox on September 24, 2023, 07:28:03 AM
Pivetta pitched well. 7IP, 3H, 1BB and 6K's. I was dozing too much to recall how he looked in the 7th except that I was surprised that Wincowski was in for the 8th. Did Pivetta start to lose it in the 7th? 92 pitches is certainly in his wheelhouse.

Quote from: SeaBeachFred on September 23, 2023, 07:06:35 PM

His K's are worse than ever. A bit over 40% in Worcester. Lots of experimentation this year to that end. What is better than ever, though, is when he actually does make contact. Not just wild swings, but base hits and doubles using most of the field. He's become a complete hitter - sigh - except for the K's.

I thought Winckowski pitched excellent. He got screwed by the damn right field foul pole area. Not a hr anywhere else in baseball. A foot lower or 2 feet to the right it not a hr. And it wasn't even a good pitch to hit.

MongoLikeSox

I forgot to offer kudos to Valdez who made once exceptional play on the SS side of the bag and another very nice play on a dive. The first play was something I did not think we'd ever see from him.

Quote from: Schloicka on September 24, 2023, 08:26:11 AM
I thought Winckowski pitched excellent. He got screwed by the damn right field foul pole area. Not a hr anywhere else in baseball. A foot lower or 2 feet to the right it not a hr. And it wasn't even a good pitch to hit.
A combination of my wife cussing and OB's calling the HR woke me up. I missed his whole outing up to that point. Kind or surprised he's still rocking two inning outings.