Matt Chapman (R) 3B
Kevin Kiermaier (L) CF
Daulton Varsho (L) LF
Tyler Heineman (S) C

Gametime Temp: 69F
Chance of Precip: 3%

Schloicka

Schloicka

Sox scored 5 runs in 31 innings and still could of won 2 of the games. Was decent pitching overall and crappy hitting again.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: Schloicka on September 17, 2023, 03:28:25 PM
Sox scored 5 runs in 31 innings and still could of won 2 of the games. Was decent pitching overall and crappy hitting again.

Th lowlight of the afternoon was seeing Abreu once again swinging wildly at a pitch that about eye level and without a clue about how to look for something in the zone.  The guy has ability but he better get some discipline in the batter's box or we might have another Jackie Bradley on our hands....God help us.  As for the lack of hitting, perhaps it is time for Alex Cora to just face the fact that we are finishing last for the third time in four years and six in the last 12 and just play the youngsters and see what we really have on the  roster for next season before we start making some real changes.  The team has collapsed as so many here predicted and it is time Cora gets a dose of reality and puts the has-been vets out to pasture for the duration of the season.

elktonnick

Fred I have a slightly different take but I think you will agree.  It is time for whomever runs the Red Sox these days to push Alex Cora and all his coaches out the door.

markj

5-15 for the last 20 games. Even for this team that is an epic collapse.

Sea Dog 23

I think a part of the tail spin for the Sox is the number of players who were signed to 1-year contracts in Blooms world.  There is no playoff to play for,  that was obvious to the players about 2-3 weeks ago.  Plus there is a news OPS guy, who will want his own roster with no extensions, so a lot of these players are just packing it in.

Merloni said it best the other day, Bloom knew getting a good pitcher in the off-season could mean keeping his job.  Then he goes out and signs Kluber.  The players had to know all about that, and didn't sit well with Cora no doubt.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: elktonnick on September 17, 2023, 04:27:18 PM
Fred I have a slightly different take but I think you will agree.  It is time for whomever runs the Red Sox these days to push Alex Cora and all his coaches out the door.

I'd be a fool not to agree, but my name is not Bloom or Cora.