GAME #146 - THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 14, 2023 - NEW YORK YANKEES @ BOSTON RED SOX-DH1

Started by markj, September 14, 2023, 10:40:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

markj

1:35PM Eastern

Red Sox

Tanner Houck (R)

Ceddanne Rafaela (R) CF
Rafael Devers (L) 3B
Justin Turner (R) DH
Triston Casas (L) 1B
Wilyer Abreu (L) LF
Adam Duvall (R) RF
Trevor Story (R) SS
Luis Urias (R) 2B
Connor Wong (R) C

Yankees

Michael King (R)

Estevan Florial (L) CF
Aaron Judge (R) DH
Gleyber Torres (R) 2B
Austin Wells (L) C
Anthony Volpe (R) SS
Jake Bauers (L) 1B
Oswald Peraza (R) 3B
Oswaldo Cabrera (S) RF
Everson Pereira (R) LF

Gametime Temp: 75F
Chance of Precip: 0%

MongoLikeSox

I know Turner laced a liner last time up, but why ITF is Boone yanking King when he made Rafaela and Raffy look like lambs? There is zero good that comes from this. Nothing. Makes no sense what so ever. 87 pitches. Tied for last. Wow!!!

edit: and now Cora leaves Houck in and it paid off for once. Ball hits ump and Boone got ticked off.

elktonnick

Sea Dog 23

Good to see the young kids getting the pop.  Abreu and Ceddanne with half of the hitting today.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: MongoLikeSox on September 14, 2023, 02:13:24 PM
I know Turner laced a liner last time up, but why ITF is Boone yanking King when he made Rafaela and Raffy look like lambs? There is zero good that comes from this. Nothing. Makes no sense what so ever. 87 pitches. Tied for last. Wow!!!

edit: and now Cora leaves Houck in and it paid off for once. Ball hits ump and Boone got ticked off.

We could have used such a break to end a Yankee "rally" and get on with a win in this series.  Now we need to get a split in the twin bill by winning the second game.

MongoLikeSox

If anyone's not quite full of baseball for the day, the free MILB-TV game tonight starts in 20 minutes. I've not seen the lineup and can't find it anywhere, but there's a good chance we see Teel behind the plate. If so, it's worth the watch.

Edit - line-up is posted now and Teel is not catching. He is DH'ing at least.