Nelson Velazquez (R) RF
Matt Duffy (R) 1B
Nick Loftin (R) 2B
Samad Taylor (R) LF
Dairon Blanco (R) CF

Gametime Temp: 90F
Chance of Precip: 0%

Sea Dog 23

Sale had a clean 5 innings, 0 runs and 2 hits.  Yoshida got the first big hit, a 3-run shot followed by a Duval solo homer in the 6th.  Basically a wipeout of the Royals until Jansen gave them two in the 9th.

MongoLikeSox

Sale got downright PO'd for the last batter and slung the ball max effort as hard he could. 95MPH. I hope that doesn't wash him out for the next few weeks.

I missed the play Verdugo came up tight on and had to leave the game. Cora said Day to day and they were going to be cautious with his playing time in Tampa.

I was a little disappointed in Rafaela's apprehensive plays on two balls hit to CF. The second ball, in particular. I know the game situation did not call for laying out, but it would have not been an egregious mistake either. It was never going to be a ball that rolls to the wall. It ended up having an odd back spin on it that cost the Sox a run, anyhow. Point is, I hope these kids are afforded the same opportunities to be aggressive and make a few mistakes and learn like Betts, JBJ and Benny had when they came up. I don't think Verdugo ever had that luxury.