Freddy Fermin (R) C
Nelson Velazquez (R) LF
Drew Waters (S) RF
Nick Loftin (R) DH
Kyle Isbel (L) CF

Gametime Temp: 86F
Chance of Precip: 0%

Sea Dog 23

Sox have brought up Enmanuel Valdez and Abreu for this game. 

Walter was also brought up.  He should be the designated innings eater.

Sea Dog 23

Uphill climb already after 1.  The Sox have no pitching they can hang their hats on.

markj

elktonnick

elktonnick

markj

Getting their butts kicked by a team more the 50 games under .500. WTF? I realize morale sucks and all, but don't these guys get paid ridiculous sums to play ball?

elktonnick

This is what surrender looks like.
Cora has himself to blame .  When you quit the way he did Monday this is how your team responds.

SeaBeachFred

Anybody out there still think Cora should be rehired for next season because if there still is one or two or you who actually believe that should ask for an application for employment to work for that miserable and incompetent crew.  CORA MUST BE CANNED AFTER THIS SEASON.  He has lost his mojo and have become a caricature of himself, not to mention that he gives the team a bad name because he is a filthy rotten cheater.  As for Bloom, perhaps a blindfold and cigarette would be more appropriate though I jest.  Tonight we saw first hand just how inept our team is and if drastic changes don't materialize after this season, as sure as God made little green apples we will be talking and complaining about  this same topic next September  CORA HAS GOT TO GO!!!!!!!!

MongoLikeSox

We switched after the top of the 4th. Too hard to watch. I really hope the month does not play out like this past couple of weeks has. 

Sea Dog 23

Quote from: MongoLikeSox on September 02, 2023, 07:50:15 AM
We switched after the top of the 4th. Too hard to watch. I really hope the month does not play out like this past couple of weeks has.

Mongo, it could really get ugly this winter.  There are probably a lot of players on 1-year contracts with options, who want out of town as soon as they can book a ticket.  Worse, the free agent market could very well turn a cold shoulder to playing for Bloom/Henry.   What can they possibly do to save face?  There aren't many Pedro's or Ortizes left in this organization who really love it.

elktonnick

I for one think Bloom is even worse than we know.  I think the farm is largely over rated.  I don't beleive he has any real blue chip pitching prospects.  Bello is actually a Dombrowski signing.

MongoLikeSox

Quote from: Sea Dog 23 on September 02, 2023, 09:08:32 AM
Mongo, it could really get ugly this winter.  There are probably a lot of players on 1-year contracts with options, who want out of town as soon as they can book a ticket.  Worse, the free agent market could very well turn a cold shoulder to playing for Bloom/Henry.   What can they possibly do to save face?  There aren't many Pedro's or Ortizes left in this organization who really love it.
I agree, except that players already avoided Boston last year. We already have to either pay a premium or wait out the market and pick from what's left from the aged or injured pool.
Water and oil isn't mixing well, and will be looking somewhere around the $40M area to help plug the pitching holes. We'll be getting rid of out best defending RF option at the worst time to do so.