Jose Abreu (R) 1B
Michael Brantley (L) LF
Yainer Diaz (R) C
Mauricio Dubon (R) CF
Jeremy Pena (R) SS

Gametime Temp: 75F
Chance of Precip: 8%

longgame

Hard to post the lineups today because I'm so disgusted with this team after last night.

MongoLikeSox

Quote from: longgame on August 29, 2023, 10:50:15 AM
Hard to post the lineups today because I'm so disgusted with this team after last night.
I hear you. Not good times.

Sea Dog 23

But we're the "underdogs".  Surely there's a lot of fight left.   sigh

elktonnick

The Red Sox must recognize that their entire approach towards pitching is not working.  Cora lost this game long before he posted last night's lineup. 

Sea Dog 23

Quote from: elktonnick on August 29, 2023, 05:25:51 PM

The Red Sox must recognize that their entire approach towards pitching is not working.  Cora lost this game long before he posted last night's lineup.

The Bloom train continues.  Joe Jacques called up tonight and Kyle the innings eater Barraclough was optioned to AAA. 

longgame

Quote from: Sea Dog 23 on August 29, 2023, 05:40:50 PM

The Bloom train continues.  Joe Jacques called up tonight and Kyle the innings eater Barraclough was optioned to AAA.

Bello better go deep into this one. He's the only guy that can.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: longgame on August 29, 2023, 05:48:40 PM
Quote from: Sea Dog 23 on August 29, 2023, 05:40:50 PM

Bello better go deep into this one. He's the only guy that can.

We better bring our bats again tonight.  The Astros are now on a crusade to win their division and get to the Fall Classic again.  And, please, Bayran, limit the hits you give up tonight.  Keep as many runners off the bases as possible.  And glad to see Wong out of the lineup.  I just don't see what anyone sees in him.  Mcguire has his weaknesses, but he has hit and has improved somewhat his defense, n ever his strong point, but then neither has Wing Wong been a stalwart behind the plate and he has concentration issued m uch of the time.  Our lineup tonight looks ok and we do need a win very badly to at least help on he road to having a plus 500 season, though the way  we played last night might make some of my friends out there  think I've lost my mind.

markj

Brayan ain't listening to you, Fred. Gave up two dingers in the 1st.

Welcome back, btw.

longgame

Somehow they aren't even further behind.

Maybe I can score some cheap tix when I'm up in New England.  sigh

BoSoxFanNY

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: markj on August 29, 2023, 06:36:04 PM

Welcome back, btw.

Thank you markj.  Fact is most of our posters on this board seem more in tune with what ails the Red Sox than some of those clowns in charge of our sinking ship.  As for Bello, he might be getting tired of too many innings, but perhaps I should say that tongue in cheek since Cora and the front office believe five innings in sufficient for our starting pitchers even with a bullpen that acts more like an arson squad than a fireman corps.  I'm at a loss on how incompetent Cora has been as manager, how utterly pathetic Bloom has performed on his job, and what Henry did to rip our great 2018 team apart rankles the hell out of me.  Just wondering how long it takes before our team can actually be a serious World Series contender again.

Sea Dog 23

Bloom aside, I know who makes out the lineup card.  Sitting batters like Urias, Cedanne and putting in a .125 hitter Hamilton.  I don't know what he's doing.  There's no continuity on his part.  Yoshida and Story are just spotty hitters.  Now Duran out for the year.  Soon they will be playing out the string.

elktonnick

Quote from: Sea Dog 23 on August 30, 2023, 06:55:25 AM
Bloom aside, I know who makes out the lineup card.  Sitting batters like Urias, Cedanne and putting in a .125 hitter Hamilton.  I don't know what he's doing.  There's no continuity on his part.  Yoshida and Story are just spotty hitters.  Now Duran out for the year.  Soon they will be playing out the string.

I think Cora and the rest of the team have called it quits already.

longgame

Quote from: SeaBeachFred on August 29, 2023, 10:00:19 PM
Quote from: markj on August 29, 2023, 06:36:04 PM

Welcome back, btw.

Thank you markj.  Fact is most of our posters on this board seem more in tune with what ails the Red Sox than some of those clowns in charge of our sinking ship.  As for Bello, he might be getting tired of too many innings, but perhaps I should say that tongue in cheek since Cora and the front office believe five innings in sufficient for our starting pitchers even with a bullpen that acts more like an arson squad than a fireman corps.  I'm at a loss on how incompetent Cora has been as manager, how utterly pathetic Bloom has performed on his job, and what Henry did to rip our great 2018 team apart rankles the hell out of me.  Just wondering how long it takes before our team can actually be a serious World Series contender again.

It's not just us.  Most fans are aware of the glaring problems.  There are still a few pink hats out there and they all think Bloom is great.  Ridiculous.