Jason Heyward (L) RF
James Outman (L) CF
Michael Busch (L) DH
Miguel Rojas (R) SS
Austin Barnes (R) C

Gametime Temp: 69F
Chance of Precip: 36%

Sea Dog 23

SS Hamilton was taken out of the WooSox game yesterday.  Looks like he could be on the bus to Boston Sunday with the Reyes injury (left elbow).   For bench.

MongoLikeSox

The call to get Hamilton out of the lineup was lightning fast. The announcer said Hamilton was a "very late scratch".  That game had just barely started when the Boston telecast came back live by showing the bench scene with Reyes and trainers. I watched some of the Worcester road game on MiLB-TV after the Boston game yesterday.

We might need some BP help, too. Houck is being ramped back up and will be lucky to get into the 6th. Winckowski, Bernardino, Whitlock and Schreiber are likely unavailable. Maybe we get Martin because he was just in for one batter. Jansen for the 9th if we're lucky enough to have a lead. That leaves Llovera and Pivetta, and Pivetta threw 38 pitches on Friday. Llovera was last used on Thursday and can probably go 2 innings.   

Sea Dog 23

We're catching a break for the Houston series.  Looks like they're penciling in Verlander to pitch against the Tigers today (a day early?).  Which would leave the Astros pitching probably Christian Javier tomorrow in Boston. That projects Urquidy and France for the other two games.  We did quite well against most of those guys in Houston.

MongoLikeSox

Murphy up, Barnardino to 15-day IL. I hope there's nothing serious with Bernardino.

Sea Dog 23

Getting only 4 hits isn't going to beat any MLB team.

If Houck and others cannot go more than 4 innings, this bullpen is going to be toast before Sept.

Sea Dog 23

Quote from: MongoLikeSox on August 27, 2023, 11:59:16 AM
Murphy up, Barnardino to 15-day IL. I hope there's nothing serious with Bernardino.

Mongo, the team reported that Berardino is now on the Covid IL.  Sheesh.

MongoLikeSox

Quote from: Sea Dog 23 on August 27, 2023, 03:54:14 PM
Quote from: MongoLikeSox on August 27, 2023, 11:59:16 AM

Mongo, the team reported that Berardino is now on the Covid IL.  Sheesh.
'oy!!!

It was nice to see Reyes back out on the field today, and double nice to read a few minutes ago that Devers' X-Rays were negative and Cora hopes he'll be back in lineup tomorrow. I had visions of Jim Rice holding his arm back in 1975 when Devers got hit. It was loud, too.

Quote from: Sea Dog 23 on August 27, 2023, 02:56:34 PM
Getting only 4 hits isn't going to beat any MLB team.

If Houck and others cannot go more than 4 innings, this bullpen is going to be toast before Sept.
80 pitches in 4 innings. Not great on a day we needed more. Murphy pitching 4 innings was big, though a few less runs would have been nice. On a related note, Walter pitched 7 innings, 97 pitches for Worcester today.