GAME #129 - FRIDAY, AUGUST 25, 2023 - LOS ANGELES DODGERS @ BOSTON RED SOX

Started by longgame, August 25, 2023, 10:36:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

longgame

Too bad this good early lead was wasted.  I think Kike is playing better because he’s in CF and doesn’t have to worry about his defense as much or where he’s going to play every day.  Still glad he’s’s gone.

There’s been a lot about Betts hinting that he was waiting for the deal that never came and that it didn’t have to be what he got with the Dodgers.  He’s also saying, let them tell you about it.  They made a good point about the trade and the fact that the Sox went from #1 to #12 in payroll, saying “congratulations you saved money”. 

Sox get another run, still down 2.

elktonnick

Once again poor base running and Sox mental error kills a potential rally.  How can they continue to screw up so often.

MongoLikeSox

I was still kind of baffled by that base-running gaffe. I've read Wong's explanation. It's nothing complicated. He just goofed. I guess Hudson needs to remind him who's in front of him?

I know the modern day theory of still swinging hard on 3rd strikes instead of contact. Still, I've seen Abreu twice now swinging as hard as he can at 3rd strikes. I wish the Sox would tone that down a bit.

Our record against the NL this year is backwards from what it once was. I've looked for statistics to support any reason behind it. The offensive numbers are a bit better overall in the NL than the AL. A few points here and there.