Enrique Hernandez (R) CF
Jason Heyward (L) RF
Michael Busch (L) DH
Miguel Rojas (R) SS

Gametime Temp: 70F
Chance of Precip: 55%

longgame

Back on AppleTV+ tonight.

Mark, where are you getting the weather info these days?

markj

Weatherunderground.com

Search for the town then check the hourly forecast.

Sea Dog 23

Maybe Kutter gets the nod today.

What kind of fairy dust to they put on these new pitchers?

Lance Lynn
With White Sox: 119.2IP, 6.47ERA, 68 ERA+, 1.462 WHIP
With Dodgers: 25IP, 1.44ERA, 305ERA+, 0.880WHIP

Brasier
With Red Sox: 21IP, 7.29ERA, 63ERA+, 1.571WHIP
With Dodgers: 26.1IP, 1.03ERA, 428ERA+(!!!), 0.759WHIP

longgame

Quote from: Sea Dog 23 on August 25, 2023, 01:02:28 PM
Maybe Kutter gets the nod today.

What kind of fairy dust to they put on these new pitchers?

Lance Lynn
With White Sox: 119.2IP, 6.47ERA, 68 ERA+, 1.462 WHIP
With Dodgers: 25IP, 1.44ERA, 305ERA+, 0.880WHIP

Brasier
With Red Sox: 21IP, 7.29ERA, 63ERA+, 1.571WHIP
With Dodgers: 26.1IP, 1.03ERA, 428ERA+(!!!), 0.759WHIP

Maybe Brasier will get the yips being back in Fenway.  I'd really like to see them tee off on that worthless POS.

MongoLikeSox

Anyone know how to get this game without having to sign up for a two month trial that requires payment information in case I forget to cancel?

markj

Quote from: MongoLikeSox on August 25, 2023, 03:41:47 PM
Anyone know how to get this game without having to sign up for a two month trial that requires payment information in case I forget to cancel?

This is one reason why I stopped paying for MLB.TV. Their "Every out of market game" claim is pure BS. I miss most of Chicago teams games because I'm supposedly in their market area even though those stations aren't available down state where I live. And if Fox has a Red Sox game and a Cubs game, we get the Cubs game. Add in these special subscription games like AppleTV and before you know it you're missing more than a dozen games a year. And even with the games you do get to see, you have to watch the same stupid commercials 18 times during a game. Same commercial over and over. For the money MLB.TV charges, you should get to see every game with no commercials. Or I should be allowed to subscribe to NESN and see the games that way.

longgame

I signed up last week.  Just cancel as soon as you sign up and you’ll be fine.

longgame

Sea Dog 23

markj

That 3-run lead didn't last long once Pivetta came in. Crawford got tagged with two of the runs, but Pivetta wasn't much help.

MongoLikeSox

Quote from: markj on August 25, 2023, 05:55:26 PM

This is one reason why I stopped paying for MLB.TV. Their "Every out of market game" claim is pure BS. I miss most of Chicago teams games because I'm supposedly in their market area even though those stations aren't available down state where I live. And if Fox has a Red Sox game and a Cubs game, we get the Cubs game. Add in these special subscription games like AppleTV and before you know it you're missing more than a dozen games a year. And even with the games you do get to see, you have to watch the same stupid commercials 18 times during a game. Same commercial over and over. For the money MLB.TV charges, you should get to see every game with no commercials. Or I should be allowed to subscribe to NESN and see the games that way.
Manfred was supposedly going to fix this the next off season after the strike. Nawp.

Quote from: longgame on August 25, 2023, 06:20:41 PM

I signed up last week.  Just cancel as soon as you sign up and you’ll be fine.
Yeah, I ended up doing it and set 3 alarms to pop up in October to remind me.

markj

MongoLikeSox

So the announcer quoted Dave Roberts about Kike Hernandez. "He's been a model citizen since rejoining the Dodgers". What a strange comment. Did he mis-behave in there?

They were also ragging on Bloom about the Betts trade. Some of it was not fair, as much as I despise Bloom. Still..... this sucks.