Yainer Diaz (R) C
Chas McCormick (R) CF
Jon Singleton (L) 1B
Corey Julks (R) LF
Jeremy Pena (R) SS

Gametime Temp: 101°F
Chance of Precip: 1%

markj

Good thing they have a roof there. I wonder if it's still hot in there even with the roof closed.

longgame

Quote from: markj on August 24, 2023, 09:46:12 AM
Good thing they have a roof there. I wonder if it's still hot in there even with the roof closed.

Yikes!  I'm pretty sure they have AC but you'd think moving that amount of air would cause some weird dynamics.

Sea Dog 23

Verdugo and Abreu.  That's good depth in the OF.  Some folks are saying Abreu, if he keeps stroking, can facilitate a Verdugo trade this winter.

longgame

Raffy knocks in a couple more.  This is more like it. Let's hope Bello throws a gem behind this.

Sea Dog 23

A crooked number going up in the 3rd.  11-0 and still batting.

longgame

Nice butt-kicking. They could salvage this road trip.  11-1 going into the 6th.

BoSoxFanNY

FUN game!
A RUNAWAY game.
Red Sox 17 - Astros

Sox had 24 hits
Astros brought in Maldonado to pitch in the 9th inning
and he allowed 4 runs.

Sox split this series!
Bello pitched 7 innings, 1 run.

elktonnick

MongoLikeSox

Lots of nice hitting, and not all pulling Home Runs. Gotta love it.

101F game time temp is what it's supposed to be in NC tomorrow. (I just verified - only 99F)

We've played many a Sr League game in 95F. It's a bear even when you're only 40-45 years old. I can't imagine it now.

longgame

That felt good.  Especially against Houston.  I was shocked when I had walked away for a short time and we scored those last4 runs. Every starter had a hit and at least one RBI. In fact they all had multiple hits except Turner who was pulled early.

Sea Dog 23

Quote from: longgame on August 24, 2023, 06:33:07 PM
That felt good.  Especially against Houston.  I was shocked when I had walked away for a short time and we scored those last4 runs. Every starter had a hit and at least one RBI. In fact they all had multiple hits except Turner who was pulled early.

It turned out Maldonado, their catcher threw the 9th inning.  I noticed that Refsnyder, with the bases loaded, grounded out on a 46 mph curve ball to end the inning.