Yainer Diaz (R) DH
Jose Abreu (R) 1B
Jeremy Pena (R) SS
Jake Meyers (R) CF
Martin Maldonado (R) C

Gametime Temp: 93°F
Chance of Precip: 0%

Sea Dog 23

I see Yoshida is out of the lineup.  He's just not making good contact last few.  Story?  I don't know what's going on.  Turner is gold.  At least Stros are still missing Alvarez.

Sea Dog 23

Sale giving up some big contact early.  Duggie and Casas have gotten Sox back into it.

BoSoxFanNY

HOLY SH^T!!
Duvall hits a 3 run homer in the top of the 10th inning.

AND the Red Sox hold on to win 7 - 5.

Sea Dog 23

And some good scoreless innings from the bullpen over five innings. 

MongoLikeSox

I know there was base-runner interference, but that Whitlock play had to have been inspiring for our guys.

I don't like the Astraholes, but watching them on offense is a rare treat these past few years. We get bits and pieces of it, especially when there's nobody in scoring position. Duggy's double off the LF wall and Wong's oppo base hit to name two. A little more of that with runners on base would be a nice thing. So many Lob'sters.

That said, we celebrate a Duvall 3-run shot. Gotta like it. BP did well, and Sale settled down.

I hope Jansen is alright. That's gonna be a huge blow if he ain't. They said last night that Duran's gonna be fitted with a boot. That ain't a good thing. They still don't know what they are going to do going forward with the toe. Yikes! 

longgame

Quote from: BoSoxFanNY on August 23, 2023, 10:58:36 PM
HOLY SH^T!!
Duvall hits a 3 run homer in the top of the 10th inning.

AND the Red Sox hold on to win 7 - 5.

That woke me up lol! Nice way to beat the Astros!

longgame

Quote from: MongoLikeSox on August 24, 2023, 07:03:29 AM
I know there was base-runner interference, but that Whitlock play had to have been inspiring for our guys.

I don't like the Astraholes, but watching them on offense is a rare treat these past few years. We get bits and pieces of it, especially when there's nobody in scoring position. Duggy's double off the LF wall and Wong's oppo base hit to name two. A little more of that with runners on base would be a nice thing. So many Lob'sters.

That said, we celebrate a Duvall 3-run shot. Gotta like it. BP did well, and Sale settled down.

I hope Jansen is alright. That's gonna be a huge blow if he ain't. They said last night that Duran's gonna be fitted with a boot. That ain't a good thing. They still don't know what they are going to do going forward with the toe. Yikes!

That was an amazing play, loved how he was covered with dirt. That's a dirt dog! 

I thought Duran had some sort of turf toe like injury.  I had a hot little toe earlier this summer and it would really kick in a few miles into one of my hikes.  It was brutal and I wasn't playing professional sports.

Sea Dog 23

Like a mirror image.  Duran's foot injury is a replica of Judge chasing a fly ball, almost to the same spot as Duran. in Yankee stadium.  Judge was out something like 6-8 weeks.  I surely hope there is a smaller bruise, whatever in Duran's case.

Sea Dog 23

Cora said this morning that Jansen only had 'hamstring tightness.'  Seemingly not a serious problem, as they said that he could possibly pitch again vs the Dodgers on Friday.   Key word COULD  not should.