Isiah Kiner-Falefa (R) 3B
Harrison Bader (R) CF
Billy McKinney (L) LF
Anthony Volpe (R) SS
Kyle Higashioka (R) C

Gametime Temp: 84°F
Chance of Precip: 0%

MongoLikeSox

Is this a Pivetta 5-inning relief appearance day? I was kind of hoping he'd start. Anyways, I hope Winckowski doesn't implode two straight outings.

Sea Dog 23

Winch is not a Yankees alum, but started with the Mets.

I made a pledge to myself this morning.  Self:  'do not get carried away by the big two game winning streak.  Your soul has been torched too many times this year.'

longgame

longgame

Pivetta just through one right down the middle for strike three. Batter walked off knowing he as out.  Ump disagreed.  I've never seen a call blown so badly!

longgame

longgame

longgame

Sea Dog 23

Some drama, but Jansen strikes out Torres and Judge, plus the flyout.

elktonnick

Sox sweep Yankees.  While the Sox team may still suck, it is devilishly gratifying to know the Yankees suck worse.  I find it hard to believe that Boone and Cashman still have their jobs.

Sea Dog 23

Sox are about 3 games behind Houston, Jays and Mariners in the chase.  But with Houston and Dodgers on the horizon, it may be now out of reach.

Sox are 9 out of 10 with Yanks this year, with one series left in Boston.

BoSoxFanNY

SWEET SWEEP!
I know the Yankees are not a good team at the moment,
AND YET! - ALWAYS fun to BEAT the Yankees.

Sox buried the Yankees.  The Yankees are now 4 games UNDER .500.

MongoLikeSox

Indeed - Always nice to sweep the Yankees.they've got a 230 batting average. That organization is upside down in a big way. Lemahieu is finally hitting the ball for a decent batting average since the AS break and all they can talk about is his lack of power.

So now we know how we found out about Reyes. Febles coached him in Winter ball this year. This wasn't even some great roster diving done by our organization. This was our 3B coach. Good for him and good for Reyes.

Any idea what's up with Duran's leg/ankle? They showed a replay after that GIDP and it looked like he was hobbling some. (Edit - Toe contusion according to NESN. Looks like he got in in the 6th inning after trying to run up the wall on the Torres homer. )

Sea Dog 23

Quote from: MongoLikeSox on August 20, 2023, 06:42:36 PM
Indeed - Always nice to sweep the Yankees.they've got a 230 batting average. That organization is upside down in a big way. Lemahieu is finally hitting the ball for a decent batting average since the AS break and all they can talk about is his lack of power.

So now we know how we found out about Reyes. Febles coached him in Winter ball this year. This wasn't even some great roster diving done by our organization. This was our 3B coach. Good for him and good for Reyes.

Any idea what's up with Duran's leg/ankle? They showed a replay after that GIDP and it looked like he was hobbling some. (Edit - Toe contusion according to NESN. Looks like he got in in the 6th inning after trying to run up the wall on the Torres homer. )

Just star gazing, but is this a chance they bring up Abreu if he's out? Probably don't want to put Duran on the IL, so I'd say they stay in house.  I believe they use Ref, and Reyes can also play outfield.

MongoLikeSox

Quote from: Sea Dog 23 on August 21, 2023, 07:08:29 AM
Quote from: MongoLikeSox on August 20, 2023, 06:42:36 PM

Just star gazing, but is this a chance they bring up Abreu if he's out? Probably don't want to put Duran on the IL, so I'd say they stay in house.  I believe they use Ref, and Reyes can also play outfield.
I guess we'll find out today how bad it is. The 10-day IL makes it a little bit easier than the old days.

Thinking way too soon......
I wonder if they still have that rule about September call ups where they can call a kid up, but it does count towards that eligibility towards the 6-year control? If so, they'd be less worried about Abreu that Rafaela 6-7 years from now. I wonder if they would use Abreu for this stint and wait on Septermber to use Rafaela?