Stone Garrett (R) LF
Riley Adams (R) C
Michael Chavis (R) 2B
Ildemaro Vargas (S) 3B
Alex Call (R) CF
Jeter Downs (R) SS

Gametime Temp: 88°F
Chance of Precip: 15%

Once again Markj, Alex Cora is thinking with his ass instead of his head.  Like yesterday he is keeping Jarren Duran on the pine for Reifsnyder.  Reif can't steal bases, he does not hit all that well and is a pretty crappy lead off man.  Duran can do all of them and he MAKES THINGS HAPPEN WHEN HE IS IN THE LINEUP; Reif doesn't even though I personally like  the guy.  McGuire can hit, Wong cannot, and so we have two stiffs in the lineup and two better hitters on the pine.  This platoon shit is for the birds.  You go with your best players and for some reason Cora still doesn't get it. I hope to God that he is shown the door after this season.  He is leading up to the path of failure.  Just hope Sale and Co pitch well enough, field well enough and hit well enough so we can win this rubber game and take the series.  The season isn't getting any shorter and Alex keeps making the same blunders all down the line. To the Gods of Fate, please help us overcome this moron and help us win the game today.

longgame

He's obsessed with the righty/lefty matchups so he took the two lefty outfielders out but not sure why Turner wouldn't be in there, I guess odd man out with Story taking a turn as DH.

Sea Dog 23

A blast off the bat of Casas. But that's about the size of it.  1-1.

elktonnick

Once again Sox pitching implodes.  Has Cora burnt out the bullpen?  I think so.

elktonnick

The Sox look like they have packed it in.  They aren't doing anything well.  Pathetic performance thus far.

elktonnick

BoSoxFanNY

Well, they made it a bit exciting -
SOX lose 10 - 7.

I was hoping that they would take 2 to of 2 from the NATS.
CRAP!
Winckowski has really been blowing games lately . . .

longgame

That was not how this series should have gone.  Now they have to play better teams too.

Sea Dog 23

No momentum at all going into Yankee Stadium.  Is there any pitching left on that bus?

SeaBeachFred

Anybody notice Duran goes up there and pinch hits a double, scores and the team rallied for six runs.  HE MAKES THINGS HAPPEN CORA, YOU DUMB STUBBORN SON OF A @#$%&. 

Sea Dog 23

Most of their cards have been played by the Sox.  There are no more aces in their hand.  Playoff chances now down to 9% (Jays at 66%).  As if there is anything left worth mentioning, the Sox play the Yanks tonight, who hold a 2% playoff odds. 

In two weeks they will trot out some more Worcester guys to showcase what 2024 might look like.

elktonnick

Bloom has gone through a zillion pitchers this year.  As fast as Bloom signs them Cora burns them out.  I can not recall a Red Sox pitching staff which has had the number of injuries this one has had.  I say again there is something fundamentally wrong with Boston's entire approach towards pitching.

MongoLikeSox

Makes me glad my pathetic mobile hot spot can't stream squat. I missed the series and probably glad I did. Repair dude comes out today.

Geez, were we too late in getting the pitching squared away? Them being toasted is not totally Cora's fault. You guys know i'm tough on my Cora critiques and his overuse of the 'pen. This was organizational. Two BP games a week for 2 months is tough. The fact they pulled it off and remained in contention for a WC spot is pretty impressive even with the extra WC spot available.

Walter is being stretched back out in AAA. Started and went 5-innings and 61 pitches yesterday.

Quote from: Sea Dog 23 on August 18, 2023, 08:12:17 AM
Most of their cards have been played by the Sox.  There are no more aces in their hand.  Playoff chances now down to 9% (Jays at 66%).  As if there is anything left worth mentioning, the Sox play the Yanks tonight, who hold a 2% playoff odds. 

In two weeks they will trot out some more Worcester guys to showcase what 2024 might look like.
The new CBA lets them call up only 1 pitcher and 1 position player, turning it into a 28 man Roster. I understand the reasoning, but do with it were a bit more than just 2 players for the September call up. I'd love to see what both Abreu and Rafaela can do against MLB pitching.

elktonnick

Quote from: MongoLikeSox on August 18, 2023, 08:25:13 AM
Makes me glad my pathetic mobile hot spot can't stream squat. I missed the series and probably glad I did. Repair dude comes out today.

Geez, were we too late in getting the pitching squared away? Them being toasted is not totally Cora's fault. You guys know i'm tough on my Cora critiques and his overuse of the 'pen. This was organizational. Two BP games a week for 2 months is tough. The fact they pulled it off and remained in contention for a WC spot is pretty impressive even with the extra WC spot available.

Walter is being stretched back out in AAA. Started and went 5-innings and 61 pitches yesterday.

Quote from: Sea Dog 23 on August 18, 2023, 08:12:17 AM

The new CBA lets them call up only 1 pitcher and 1 position player, turning it into a 28 man Roster. I understand the reasoning, but do with it were a bit more than just 2 players for the September call up. I'd love to see what both Abreu and Rafaela can do against MLB pitching.

It is totally Cora's fault for the way the team plays defense which affects the pitching.  It is also totally Cora's fault on the way he uses the bullpen.  IMO Cora's over managing the lineup juggling playing position and his and the coaching staffs failure.to address.the players poor mental performance are more the ample grounds to fire the lot.