Spencer Torkelson (R) 1B
Zach McKinstry (L) 2B
Miguel Cabrera (R) DH
Zack Short (R) SS
Jake Rogers (R) C

Gametime Temp: 81°F
Chance of Precip: 14%

Sea Dog 23

Interesting for Devers (your $300mil prize) to be sitting, albeit a lefty on the mound.  But Cora might be thinking also, that Raffy and Verdugo need the day off being in a slump as they are.

longgame

They're making it tough on this one.  I'm not downloading another app.  Tried to bring it up on my PC and it doesn't load.  Had to get audio on my phone since that isn't even available online.

Sea Dog 23

Sox just put up a 3-spot in the 5th to make it 6-2 against Eddy.

Schloicka

Quote from: longgame on August 13, 2023, 11:52:44 AM
They're making it tough on this one.  I'm not downloading another app.  Tried to bring it up on my PC and it doesn't load.  Had to get audio on my phone since that isn't even available online.

Was here. http://buffstream.fun/webplayer.php?t=ifr&c=2191646&lang=en&eid=146162253&lid=2191646&ci=14&si=19&ask=1691946300

Sea Dog 23

Jansen closes it in the 9th for a 6-3 win.  Big knocks by Duvall and Turner for 4 of the runs.  Story went 4-4.

longgame

Caught the audio on my phone. Easy win, now a long road trip.

Sea Dog 23

Sox are, I think, leading the league in errors.  But the play, Yoshida to Story to Urias was a thing of beauty.  Urias made a backhanded tag on the runner advancing to third base.

One interesting factoid, during the seasons (2), Story has played  less than half the time of his contract.

Sea Dog 23

On my iPhone just awhile ago I got a "Newsbreak".  It said, "Boston hurler probably out for the year."  I about spilled my drink.  In a cryptic way it said, "Whitlock returned and had a good game, but the news was not so good after the game."  HUH?

Then it said Cora reported " Joely Rodriguez has a chronic injury and is likely done for the year."  Phew! Poor journalism, but I think we can do OK without JRod.

MongoLikeSox

Nice to see Story get hot, though. That double atop the CF wall near the camera was Manny-esque with as far as he had to reach.

Yeah, that tag and Story's relay saved Refsnyder's butt. He missed on the dive and then threw it off-line towards 3b.

Whitlock in relief is so dominate. 97mph at will. Just easy. That starter vs reliever question is easy for me. I'll take him every 2-3 days out of the pen for 1-2 innings, thank you.

The Bull Pen as it stands right now is easily the best we've had under Bloom's tenure, IMHO. We have a closer and set up man, each comfortable and accomplished in their roles. That lets us fill in the gaps with Winckowski, Whitlock, Bernandino and Schreiber pitching in their comfort zones. Add Murphy to the mix somewhere, and Crawford or Pivetta going back to the pen when Houck comes back. It's like having a closer, set up man and five 7th inning guys. A pen like that can compete with anyone if Cora and Bush can figure out how to space the tired ones out a bit on this next road trip. Well, that, and Starting rotation lasting more than a week.

MongoLikeSox

Quote from: Sea Dog 23 on August 13, 2023, 06:26:41 PM
On my iPhone just awhile ago I got a "Newsbreak".  It said, "Boston hurler probably out for the year."  I about spilled my drink.  In a cryptic way it said, "Whitlock returned and had a good game, but the news was not so good after the game."  HUH?

Then it said Cora reported " Joely Rodriguez has a chronic injury and is likely done for the year."  Phew! Poor journalism, but I think we can do OK without JRod.
Just reading your account of it gave me some panic. :) 

SeaBeachFred

Winning another series is very nice and at least it gives us as something to leave Boston with a good taste in our mouths.  The road trip is going to be a bear though and for those of my friends out there who still think we have a chance for a WC berth we need not only all hands on deck but the best players on the field and no mad scientist shenanigans from Alex.  We have just about all of our troops back and we need to make a firm statement as we did today in hammering E-Rod and taking two of three from the Tigers.  I believe Story is going to add a lot to our attack both at the plate and in  the field, and he also seems to be able to pilfer some bases for us.  We will need Devers and the rest of the pack to join in and do their share.  We can show our wares by winning the series in Washington.