Spencer Torkelson (R) 1B
Zach McKinstry (L) 3B
Javier Baez (R) SS
Nick Maton (L) 2B
Eric Haase (R) C

Gametime Temp: 79°F
Chance of Precip: 1%

Sea Dog 23

Good news that Turner is back.  News was not as promising just a couple days ago.  So Story gets the day off.

Sea Dog 23

Not a good game for Bello.  He is getting exposed in the 5th.  And only one hit for the Sox.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: Sea Dog 23 on August 12, 2023, 04:41:23 PM
Not a good game for Bello.  He is getting exposed in the 5th.  And only one hit for the Sox.

I wonder if the young pitcher is getting a tired arm.  He sure hasn't been himself the last two or three games and today he got racked up pretty well.  Well Sea Dog, the way I look at it, we should shoot to finish a couple or so games over 500 and call it a half decent season if we have the nerve to because that may be the best we can hope for.  One hope is that Bloom, to me a total incompetent who brought his TB philosophy to Boston with disastrous results and is a total shitty judge of talent, is shown the door at the end of the season or before.  Hopefully John Henry will cease acting like Prune Face and start acting like an owner who wants to win.  Sea Dog mentioned Brian Sabean as a possible successor and, Henry, maybe you might listen to my friend Sea Dog long enough to park your yacht and start concentrating on baseball.

MongoLikeSox

Another game of leaving runners on base. This one seemed to crawl, too. I fell asleep twice.

Quote from: SeaBeachFred on August 12, 2023, 07:01:07 PM
Quote from: Sea Dog 23 on August 12, 2023, 04:41:23 PM

I wonder if the young pitcher is getting a tired arm.  He sure hasn't been himself the last two or three games and today he got racked up pretty well.  Well Sea Dog, the way I look at it, we should shoot to finish a couple or so games over 500 and call it a half decent season if we have the nerve to because that may be the best we can hope for.  One hope is that Bloom, to me a total incompetent who brought his TB philosophy to Boston with disastrous results and is a total shitty judge of talent, is shown the door at the end of the season or before.  Hopefully John Henry will cease acting like Prune Face and start acting like an owner who wants to win.  Sea Dog mentioned Brian Sabean as a possible successor and, Henry, maybe you might listen to my friend Sea Dog long enough to park your yacht and start concentrating on baseball.
Good question on Bello maybe getting tired. I just looked it up. He's 4 innings away from his career high of 117 back in 2019 for Greenville.