Matt Beaty (L) 1B
Freddy Fermin (R) C
Drew Waters (S) RF
Dairon Blanco (R) LF
Kyle Isbel (L) CF

Gametime Temp: 75°F
Chance of Precip: 3%

Sea Dog 23

No official announcement yet, but Dinelson Lamet is in Boston tonight (from Worcester) and Bleier's locker has been cleaned out.

Sea Dog 23

Royals got to Bello and Winck in the 7th.  Now 2-2.  All the Sox big hitters aren't checking in tonight.  Pablo Reyes has two of the four hits.

Schloicka

Didn't see a walk-off grand slam coming. Sox needed the win. On to Tuesday.

Sea Dog 23

Well, a gift to the Sox, sure looked like Urias swung at that pitch.  Was that strike 3?  Then the Reyes walk off.  I'm still not sure if Boston has the will to win this series.  They've lost the last three.

Looks like Sale gets the start on Friday against Tigers.

MongoLikeSox

Good for Reyes. I really do like him better than Chang all around. He's not as flashy looking out there, but he gets the job done and hits almost twice his weight. Alas, our baseball ops is all about the flashy, athletic looking players.

Bleier was, indeed, DFA'd. Kind of a strange little tenure here. Every few weeks was an implosion game, but did OK in between. 

Sea Dog, I just looked and that was Strike-3. Looked like the 1B Umpire was ready for a fight. It looked like a rather aggressive response to the dugout and/or their Manager instead of the calmer, professional approach. I think he's behind the plate tonight.

longgame

You could see the manager clearing saying “what the f*** was that”?  And “he f-ing went”. I’m pretty sure it was as ful count.  Terrible call but we sure needed it.  Then Shohei Reyes comes through.

Story gets activated tonight so it has to be between Chang and Reyes. Reyes gives you a lot more.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: longgame on August 08, 2023, 07:54:26 AM
You could see the manager clearing saying “what the f*** was that”?  And “he f-ing went”. I’m pretty sure it was as ful count.  Terrible call but we sure needed it.  Then Shohei Reyes comes through.

Story gets activated tonight so it has to be between Chang and Reyes. Reyes gives you a lot more.

Reyes stays and Chang goes!!!!!!!  How can it be any more simpler than that?  Oh yes, Bloom and Cora.