Matt Chapman (R) 3B
Cavan Biggio (L) RF
Alejandro Kirk (R) C
Kevin Kiermaier (L) CF
Paul DeJong (R) SS

Gametime Temp: 77°F
Chance of Precip: 1%

Sea Dog 23

It says Nick Robertson got the call up to Boston (Jacques to AAA).  He's the new pitcher in the Dodger trade last week (for Kike').

longgame

Bad defense leading to all sorts of scoring while Sox strand men on base.  I've seen this movie before.

Sea Dog 23

Murphy hasn't looked this bad all year.  I wonder if Cora lasts another week.  Not a good look for Boston.  There are only three starting pitchers available to do these games.

MongoLikeSox

They showed Sales stats, which were good, but I hope the radar gun was off. I watched the first 3 innings. Lots of 92MPH gas, but location and breaking stuff looked great. Story hit a homer in the first, but I didn't have it on in time to see it.

Mets have a good looking hitter named Mauricio. No clue about how he plays OF, but has looked good at the plate in maybe 1/2 dozen AB's I've seen this week.

Switched it to Boston in time to see the meltdown begin. As much as I've enjoyed Duran's turn around, they have GOT to figure out a way to get him comfortable going back on balls.

elktonnick

Duran is not a centerfielder.  Bloom keeps trying to put round pegs in square peg holes.

Sea Dog 23

Their CF is in Worcester right now.  I think Raphaela will be given his chance in the Spring.  If they trade Verdugo this winter,  they will think he's ready.  But I don't want Bloom making any more moves.  He is toxic to Boston's chances next year to have a winning season.  (Well above .500)

MongoLikeSox

I've brought up an outfield of Yoshida(LF), Duran(CF) and Rafaela (RF) before because RF is a big position for Fenway.  That only works if Duran improves, of course, but it could be quite the OF.

Quote from: elktonnick on August 06, 2023, 04:35:08 PM
Duran is not a centerfielder.  Bloom keeps trying to put round pegs in square peg holes.
We get the Player Development staff of 2017 to thank for that one. Duran was a 2B in College. I just checked out of curiosity. I did not find defensive stats for college, but I did for Summer ball out west. It wasn't pretty. 13 errors in 64 games combined in 2 seasons. 

longgame

Quote from: Sea Dog 23 on August 06, 2023, 05:48:47 PM
Their CF is in Worcester right now.  I think Raphaela will be given his chance in the Spring.  If they trade Verdugo this winter,  they will think he's ready.  But I don't want Bloom making any more moves.  He is toxic to Boston's chances next year to have a winning season.  (Well above .500)

Bring the kid up this year and see how he does.  The reports have been exciting and every time I tune in to a game he's making a catch or flying around the bases.  There will be no expectations unless the team continues to delude itself into thinking they're somehow a contender.  What a shame that we the front office didn't see the writing on the wall as we all did in the spring and took a chance at the deadline to make some moves to add some future depth.