Danny Jansen (R) C
Matt Chapman (R) 3B
Daulton Varsho (L) CF
Davis Schneider (R) 2B
Paul DeJong (R) SS

Gametime Temp: 77°F
Chance of Precip: 1%

Sea Dog 23

Alex Verdugo is a late scratch today.  So probably Duval gets the go.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: markj on August 05, 2023, 09:46:03 AM
4:10PM Eastern

Red Sox

John Schreiber (R)

Jarren Duran (L) CF
Masataka Yoshida (L) LF
Justin Turner (R) DH
Rafael Devers (L) 3B
Triston Casas (L) 1B
Alex Verdugo (L) RF
Luis Urias (R) 2B
Connor Wong (R) C
Yu Chang (R) SS

Blue Jays

Jose Berrios (R)

Whit Merrifield (R) LF
Brandon Belt (L) DH
Vladimir Guerrero Jr. (R) 1B
George Springer (R) RF
Danny Jansen (R) C
Matt Chapman (R) 3B
Daulton Varsho (L) CF
Davis Schneider (R) 2B
Paul DeJong (R) SS

Gametime Temp: 77°F
Chance of Precip: 1%

Hey markj, how about using your magic powers to eek out a win for us today.  I have to believe your vibes are better than mine because I actually thought we would win last night.  How's that for being naive?  Well, the ball is in your court.  Get us home markj.......PLEASE!!!!!!!!

markj

No magic powers here. I've been saying it all season, this is a .500 team. They are what they are. I'm still banking on an 81-81 season.

MongoLikeSox

Anybody know why Verdugo was a late scartch? All's OB said is that Cora said it was not an injury. Odd.

SeaBeachFred

Most of you saw the game.  My question is this:  Are any of you out there STILL CONVINCED THAT OUR TEAM IS WELL RUN, COACHED AND TAUGHT?  I can't remember seeing such a total cluster #$%& as I did in the ninth inning.  Two on and one out and the batter drills one to left center.   The guy on second starts trotting to third figuring he has an easy route home to tie the score 5-5 and the stupid ass third base coach instead of watching both the ball and  runner assumes the runner is right and the ball is going to hit the wall or maybe go out. Total shit right there.  If you're coaching third base, you hold the runner at least half way since if the ball hits the wall he scores.  But that but coach is waiving him on only to see the ball is about to be caught and then goes almost motionless trying to hold the guy on.  Well the ball is caught and the guy heading for third is a dead duck heading back for second.  We lost 5-4.

Our team is miserably coached and tutored and that falls on Cora, who most of you know by now that I think he is a rotten filthy cheater who has not run a very good ship.  We are fundamentally unsound, not to mention that I have always thought that Cora actually had favorites and played them.  He must be fired at the end of the season and the third base coach who was looking like a retard on the baseline should go now.  When you couple that with a Baseball Ops Director who has made shitty trades and collected a bunch of mostly bums for our roster, you have to agree with me at least a little that we need to clean house.  The fans should stay away from the park and stop watching on TV and drive the ratings and attendance down because as sure as God made little green apples a continuation of this sad and sorry bunch of losers in control will make us the laughing stock of baseball.  John Henry no longer gives a shit about the team as his choices of manager and BO Director clearly show. Force the cheap bastard to risk going broke by either start cranking out money to buy good players, get scouts who know what the hell they are doing, coaches who can teach fundamentals, a manager who is honest, fair and able, and get Bloom out of town even if you have to ride him out on a rail.

I've had it with our team.  We have become total extcretment as a baseball organization and team.  Yes, I do love my Red Sox but I'm sad and sick to my stomach.  Maybe I'll just take the rest o the season off.

MongoLikeSox

Nah, Fred, that was no trot. He turned and hauled ass the minute that ball was hit. It was needless to do so even if it was a wall ball. He would have scored easy just going half way like he should have. I couldn't believe it. I knew the game was over when he camped under it to catch it. My TV didn't stay on long enough to see the replays to find out what Febles was doing.

Strange game again. This was minutes after Kirk juked out Espinal for their own little base-running gaffe. Irony, anyone? Espinal, of course, got his start with the Sox.

I thought Youk's point the other night was perfectly put regarding the BP games we've been tossing adding up. Only so many pitches that BP can throw. We didn't need to send 1 of our 3 long guys down to Worcester, either. It's gotta go beyond perfectly well for that to work and it did for a while.

Devers almost ended Yu Chang's career with that throw Chang had to jump to catch. Lucky the runner didn't clip him.

elktonnick

That was the worst played game of the year full of horribly played games.  The drama in the field however was nothing compared to the drama of Cora's post game interview where he threw Verdugo under the bus for not being ready to play tonight's game.   
I think what we are seeing on the field is a reflection of a totally messed up clubhouse.  I just do not see how Cora can keep his job in view of the teams totally messed up performance.

longgame

Glad I missed this one, but I think this is it.  Bloom gets paid to do something, not just watch. If he was going for it, he had to add people.  If he wasn't, he should have leveraged what he had.  He couldn't make a good decision and his inaction is glaring.  They won the first game after the deadline, probably due to relief that they wouldn't be moved individually.  But by the next day it set in and they realized they weren't good enough and that other teams had improved.  Then they lost 3 in a row, fell into last place and out of the WC race, again. 

Is anyone awake, or do they just take Baghdad Bloom's word that they will paint Fenway red with the blood of their victims?