Ty France (R) 1B
Teoscar Hernandez (R) RF
Dominic Canzone (L) LF
Tom Murphy (R) C
Dylan Moore (R) 2B

Gametime Temp: 80°F
Chance of Precip: 0%

Sea Dog 23

If I'm reading the cards right, this will be Chang's last hoorah as the every day starter, awaiting Story's start on Friday night.  Of course somebody will have to be sent packing out of Chang/Arroyo.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: Sea Dog 23 on August 02, 2023, 02:20:59 PM
If I'm reading the cards right, this will be Chang's last hoorah as the every day starter, awaiting Story's start on Friday night.  Of course somebody will have to be sent packing out of Chang/Arroyo.

My God, is there a comparison between Arroyo or Chang?  Arroyo's problem is staying healthy but is a better hitter, fielder, team player and clutch performer than Chang. He needs to go as Alfaro did last night, although with the Red Sox DFA usually means sent down to the minors to be re-called in a week or two.  When will the RedSox ever learn the wordS WAIVER OR RELEASED??

MongoLikeSox

Chang is a lot better than some of the basic functionality of the short stop position than I give him credit for sometimes. It's a lot of the little things.

I hope like hell we don't get rid of Arroyo. I like Reyes as the primary backup.

fwiw, short Story get hurt, our next guy in Worcester is really making his case. Rafaela went 1-1 with 4 walks and a dinger today.

Christ, Arroyo almost took out two outfielders.

Sea Dog 23

MongoLikeSox

elktonnick

SeaBeachFred

Disastrous road trip.  We should have gone 4-2 at least but instead we come home with our tails between our legs.  I think most of us were worried about this West Coast trip but honestly I really thought we might actually make my worries about this fragile team seem moot.  Sorry I was wrong again; they played shitty baseball and showed it once again today.  In two weeks just as my wife and I  go on vacation the verdict on this team will be in.  I just want to be right this time and see them really make a move upward.  Am I only fooling myself?

Sea Dog 23

We shall find out with the Jays this weekend, Sox could be way behind Jays by Sunday.  But maybe Cora  can find some pitching and win two of the games.  The latter is doable.

longgame

The one thing that's consistent with this team is its inconsistency.  It sure would be nice to not have a losing stretch after every winning streak.  So many things just don't work.  Is some of this the reaction to the non-moves that were made?

As others have mentioned, Story has been moved back, hopefully just a few days so the infield is still going to suffer somewhat.  Is it time to start thinking about next year even if Bloom doesn't?

MongoLikeSox

That was a rough ending on many levels. I don't know if there's a lot of communication or if there's a whole lot of ignoring team-mates. That Devers/Chang misplay was rough. 

I was hoping Crawford made it out for another inning what with the bull pen being strained and all. Cora's got a lot of trust in Schreiber, but I don't think he's got the same nastiness as he had before late August last year. Middlebrooks nailed it after Raleigh's HR when he suggested throwing that many low pitches in a row might not have been the wisest thing to do. He saw the aresenal twice in that AB. It was bound to happen. 

This road trip kind of makes me wonder about the decisions to have Joe Jaques up in the bigs and Walter down in AAA. Walter pitching for a few innings each twice during this trip might have helped a lot.   

MongoLikeSox

Quote from: longgame on August 03, 2023, 07:15:22 AM
The one thing that's consistent with this team is its inconsistency.  It sure would be nice to not have a losing stretch after every winning streak.  So many things just don't work.  Is some of this the reaction to the non-moves that were made?

As others have mentioned, Story has been moved back, hopefully just a few days so the infield is still going to suffer somewhat.  Is it time to start thinking about next year even if Bloom doesn't?
If Story has been held back due to a need to get his timing back(per Alex Cora), wouldn't he at least have DH'd in Worcester last night?