Dominic Canzone (L) RF
Ty France (R) 1B
Mike Ford (L) DH
Josh Rojas (L) 2B
Cade Marlowe (L) LF

Gametime Temp: 74°F
Chance of Precip: 0%

Sea Dog 23

News that McGuire could be activated tonight.  Trevor Story is reported to be on the roster for the Jays series on Friday.  Looks like moving time for a couple Sox.

longgame

Between the lack of moves and late start, I guess this game didn't get a lot of attention.  Bello had a tougher outing than normal but battled through it.  Guys like Arroyo and McGuire got hits so they scored some runs.  McGuire who I've never seen hit a ball much past the infield grass, hits a homer. Day game today.

MongoLikeSox

Bello kept damage to a smallish amount. I will take 4 runs in 6 innings as a good starting pitcher's bad outing. They are going to happen, and it beats the snot out of 4-5 runs in 3.2 innings.

I'm trying to remember a player so dangerous at turning singles into doubles as Duran. If he brings that same swing back to Fenway, he's gonna hit one per game on this next home-stand with ease. He's had plenty of Wade Boggs Specials get caught this past week.

I totally forgot about Sale pitching in AAA last night and turned it on too late. I saw his replacement warming up. 1-hit, and the guy that got that one hit is one of those golden boy prospects who just looks dangerous at the plate. Struck out 3 and walked 2. The syracuse announce said that the 2 walks were in some part due to the automated pitch zone thing they were using last night and have been for a lot of games since the All Star break. It calls a tighter game that real life umps from what I understand.

I did not get to see Story make any plays from SS yet, but I hear his arm is doing well.

MongoLikeSox

Oh, and will someone kindly go over positioning with Chang on balls in play? He's a SS. He's got to be somewhere on every play. Twice in as many games he's not covered 2B. Casas had rush to cover 2B on a Double because Chang was putzing around the OF grass as Arroyo was taking the cutoff. He was not even backing Arroyo up. That's year #1 of Little League stuff. It didn't really matter for that play, but someday it will.

Sea Dog 23

Quote from: MongoLikeSox on August 02, 2023, 09:10:46 AM
Oh, and will someone kindly go over positioning with Chang on balls in play? He's a SS. He's got to be somewhere on every play. Twice in as many games he's not covered 2B. Casas had rush to cover 2B on a Double because Chang was putzing around the OF grass as Arroyo was taking the cutoff. He was not even backing Arroyo up. That's year #1 of Little League stuff. It didn't really matter for that play, but someday it will.

Bloom must have been blown away by Chang in the WBC games.  Likewise, he must have watched Luis Urea have a couple of big nights for Team Mexico.  In fact he is building a small nucleus of the team with Urea-Duran - Verdugo.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: Sea Dog 23 on August 02, 2023, 09:28:18 AM
Quote from: MongoLikeSox on August 02, 2023, 09:10:46 AM

Bloom must have been blown away by Chang in the WBC games.  Likewise, he must have watched Luis Urea have a couple of big nights for Team Mexico.  In fact he is building a small nucleus of the team with Urea-Duran - Verdugo.

CHANG IS A TOTAL DUD!!!!!!!  He is a subpar fielder,  shitty hitter and impresses me as being a little slow on the draw mentally.  Why he is still around after today is a mystery only Bloom knows.  It was a relief though to see us win a game last night after three bitter disappointments in SF and Seattle.  We actually hit when we had to for the most part.

MongoLikeSox

Quote from: SeaBeachFred on August 02, 2023, 03:07:17 PM
CHANG IS A TOTAL DUD!!!!!!!  He is a subpar fielder,  shitty hitter and impresses me as being a little slow on the draw mentally.  Why he is still around after today is a mystery only Bloom knows.  It was a relief though to see us win a game last night after three bitter disappointments in SF and Seattle.  We actually hit when we had to for the most part.
I know you are being serious, but this has had me cracking up since I read it. I don't disagree. I read it to my wife just now and she had a good laugh. 

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: MongoLikeSox on August 03, 2023, 09:08:34 AM
Quote from: SeaBeachFred on August 02, 2023, 03:07:17 PM
I know you are being serious, but this has had me cracking up since I read it. I don't disagree. I read it to my wife just now and she had a good laugh.

If I gave you something to laugh about my friend, well at least I accomplished something positive for one of my suffering Red Sox fans.  Actually my frustration also is centered on Trevor Story.  He's supposed to be ready to come to Boston and play, then is  not ready.  Then he might come up this weekend and then it might not come up this weekend.  All the time we need his bat and defense in the lineup and  we are still stuck with Yu Chang, a mediocrity in CRAPital letters.  Well Mongo, at least we have a day off today to take a deep breath before  the butterflies start popping up in our bodies.  And please trell your better half that I pleased that I gave here something to laugh at.  We Sox fans can use all the humor we can muster.