Luis Matos (R) CF
Michael Conforto (L) DH
Marco Luciano (R) SS
Casey Schmitt (R) 2B
Mike Yastrzemski (L) RF

Gametime Temp: 66°F
Chance of Precip: 1%

Sea Dog 23

News coming out that Kluber has been shut down.  Please build a bubble around Paxton.

markj

Getting sick of watching pinch runners get picked off trying to steal 2B.

markj

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: markj on July 29, 2023, 08:48:02 PM
Getting sick of watching pinch runners get picked off trying to steal 2B.

Why the hell was Reifsnyder running in the first place, or trying to run?  We had tied the game up and had momentum and I don't think the guy had the green light in the first place.  So tell me Cora, you trying to be something you aren't????  You aren't the smartest man in the room and I know at least a half dozen managers whose jocks you're not good enough to carry.  So why?  You most likely took us right out of the game with that bonehead move, and if it was Reif's decision  then a trip to Pawtucket should be in store for that moron.

MongoLikeSox

I seriously doubt that was Refsnyder's decision to run. I think Cora's thought was to try to the steal a base to get into scoring position to snag a win thing like in 2004 against the Yankees in game 4. Only Refsnyder ain't no Dave Roberts, and that Catcher of theirs arm is on fire. Some might argue that doing it on the road might not be the best decision.

Me? I was surprised they sent him.

This is a loss I can handle. Sure, the bats shriveled up until the end. Our closer threw a 1-pitch Blown Save. Those things happen.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: MongoLikeSox on July 30, 2023, 07:31:20 AM
I seriously doubt that was Refsnyder's decision to run. I think Cora's thought was to try to the steal a base to get into scoring position to snag a win thing like in 2004 against the Yankees in game 4. Only Refsnyder ain't no Dave Roberts, and that Catcher of theirs arm is on fire. Some might argue that doing it on the road might not be the best decision.

Me? I was surprised they sent him.

This is a loss I can handle. Sure, the bats shriveled up until the end. Our closer threw a 1-pitch Blown Save. Those things happen.

This may be a loss you can handle my good friend but it is one I have had to handle and that Reifsnyder screwup is still irritating the hell out of me morning.  Simply put, WE HAVE TO WIN THE GAME TODAY AND TAKE THIS SAN FRANCISCO SERIES PURE AND SIMPLE.  A loss could send this team of ours on the slippery slope of a team collapse with Seattle now coming up next. All together, whoever called that move last night pulled a boner of gigantic proportions in my opinion and took us right out of the game. Again, we MUST WIN TODAY.!!!!!!!!!!!