J.D. Davis (R) 3B
Patrick Bailey (S) C
Luis Matos (R) CF
Brett Wisely (L) 2B
Marco Luciano (R) SS

Gametime Temp: 63°F
Chance of Precip: 3%

Sea Dog 23

Jacques and Llovela both made the trip to San Fran and both scheduled to pitch in one or more games.  That means one player has to be traded or DFA'd.  The player on the ropes could have been Faria, who was just sent packing.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: markj on July 28, 2023, 09:17:38 AM
10:15PM Eastern

Red Sox

Kutter Crawford (R)

Giants

Logan Webb (R)

Gametime Temp: 63°F
Chance of Precip: 3%

Markj and Sea Dog, the Red Sox have been playing good baseball since their hiccup against the A's a week and a half ago.   Now we have to see that they are a legitimate threat for a WC or just a fragile team that showed itself in horror for parts of the season.  It is time to really saddle up and win these two series against the Giants and Mariners.  Tough that we have to win more than the Jays and Rays but we put ourselves in this spot and now we have to play better then them and take the measure to them and other  this coming month.  I really hope we can do it.  Playing as we have in the past few games, we have a chance to do just that if we bow our necks and take the high ground.

markj

markj

Schloicka

Crawford with the win. Holds by Bernardino, Winckowski & Martin. Save by Jansen. Casas with a hr & 2 rbi. Sox win 3-2.

Sea Dog 23

Solid game by Kutter.  As you said, Bernardino has been consistent most games.  But Cora needs to rest up Winch soon.  He is near top of MLB in IP, about two times more than Martin and Jansen in usage.  His arm could be fried by August.

MongoLikeSox

Winckowski has already been fried once this year, and it showed. I do believe Cora is slowing down the multi inning use. I hope it's enough.

Martin gets the nod a bit too often, too. He's already been on the IL shelf once. I hope Schreiber can regain the form, but that velo isn't there. We don't have another 7th-8th inning guy unless we take Pivetta out of that BP day role. 

I saw maybe 5 pitches. I was zonked out. I hate I missed it. :(