Quote from: markj on July 26, 2023, 07:29:07 AM
7:10PM Eastern

Red Sox

Brayan Bello (R)

Braves

Spencer Strider (R)

Gametime Temp: 86°F
Chance of Precip: 0%

Hoping we see the Bello prior to the shoddy performance against the A's last week when he was pitching outstanding ball for us.  There is no reason to just settle for a split in this two game series when we have the opportunity to take care of the powerful Braves at home and gain extra momentum for our trip West this coming weekend.  We still have a lot of catching up to do.

Sea Dog 23

I saw Strider pitch against White Sox last week.  I think the Sox can get to him early, as he gave up 5 runs in that game which he lost, and 4 in his last start.  But he is a strikeout pitcher with good velocity.

MongoLikeSox

I'm trying to think back to when I was Bello's age and the Battle Axe (my Wife) was due. I can assure you that I'm doubting my mind would have been 100% as needed to toss a clean ball game. The BA could have if that's what she did. She actually shot an even 100 round of golf when she 4 days late. Stubborn cuss wouldn't even take a mulligan. A week later it was 3 games of bowling and me repeatedly driving my Izuzu Trooper over k-mart speed bumps at 10:00 PM. Next morning....

longgame

Lucky us, another ESPN game.  I can’t wait until they start talking about the Yankees.

Nice to see Devers catch that last one, that makes him 1 for 3 on balls hit to him.

markj

Oof. 3-run jack. Gonna be tough to come back from that the way the Sox are flailing away at the plate tonight.

markj

MongoLikeSox

I thought for sure there was gonna be a past-ball the way they were talking up Murphy. Meanwhile ...... somehow 2 more RBI by Turner. Nice stretch for the old guy.

Someone needs to settle Jaren down with RISP.

markj

Arroyo comes in to run for Casas and promptly gets nailed trying to steal 2B. 

markj

markj

SeaBeachFred

We did what we had to do and won the two game series with the powerful Braves, coming from three behind to rally and win a big game.  Of course, all the games for us are now big games and that's what we get for being so drab earlier in the season when we fell so far behind in the toughest division in baseball, but we seem to be playing better baseball as we head for a six game roadie against the Giants and Mariners.  We need to keep the pressure on and keep winning series after series, and will someone tell Devers how to play defense?  The guy is really becoming a sieve over there and it makes we wonder if DH is his future home.  He simply hasn't improved much in the hot corner. Any good series and we did pick a li ttle ground in the process.

MongoLikeSox

Quote from: markj on July 26, 2023, 08:41:31 PM
Wong returns the favor and guns down a pinch runner.
That was one helluva a throw, catch and tag. Not many guys make those plays. Gotta like ball players.

A nice win. Still some work to do, but nice wins as a team progresses is a good thing.

MongoLikeSox

Quote from: SeaBeachFred on July 26, 2023, 10:49:42 PM
We did what we had to do and won the two game series with the powerful Braves, coming from three behind to rally and win a big game.  Of course, all the games for us are now big games and that's what we get for being so drab earlier in the season when we fell so far behind in the toughest division in baseball, but we seem to be playing better baseball as we head for a six game roadie against the Giants and Mariners.  We need to keep the pressure on and keep winning series after series, and will someone tell Devers how to play defense?  The guy is really becoming a sieve over there and it makes we wonder if DH is his future home.  He simply hasn't improved much in the hot corner. Any good series and we did pick a li ttle ground in the process.
Big series this weekend. I wonder if these two games were enough to convince the brass that the team will compete? 4 more games before the deadline.

longgame

That was an enjoyable game to watch on top of it all.  A couple of fielding mishaps by Raffy and some baserunning problems but a win against a good team is always a good thing!

Sox pitched up a reliever from the Giants late last night and sent Ort to the 60 day DL.