GAME #101 - TUESDAY, JULY 25, 2023 - ATLANTA BRAVES @ BOSTON RED SOX

Started by markj, July 25, 2023, 01:35:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MongoLikeSox

Quote from: Sea Dog 23 on July 26, 2023, 04:16:18 AM
If this was a hockey match, they would have a player of the game.  For me that would have to go to Pivetta.  Facing an all-star lineup.  5 IP, shut them out on 3 hits.  Warts and all,  Cora is doing a good job managing a make-shift pitching staff that he was given.
Shades of 2021. I hope their arms don't fall off. It's amazing what happens when a better than average offense has some functional pitching.

SeaBeachFred

We won last night and picked up a little ground on our competition, but that also means we have to keep winning more than they do because our ineptness on all fronts got us into this unsavory position in the first place.  Beating the powerful Braves was very good and it would be even better to win tonight and get another four game winning streak before heading for the West Coast against a Giants team hard to figure out.  I want to Elk's takedown of Cora concerning our baserunning.  He was right on with his criticism of Alex's piss poor handling of ST in 2019. It was as if nothing had to be replicated to get our team in shape for the upcoming season and it showed as the Sox got off to a lousy start and wound up a sick 84-78 disappointment.  There was a lesson to be learned that Alex never digested.  IT WAS THE SAME THING THAT FORMER MANAGER JOHN FARRELL DID IN ST IN 2014 COMING OFF A WS TITLE OF HIS OWN. You don't take the foot off the pedal under those or any other circumstances that may arise.  I hope that from here on in should we be in such a position again we do it differently so we get better results.