5. Tyler Soderstrom (L) DH
6. Shea Langeliers (R) C
7. JJ Bleday (L) CF
8. Nick Allen (R) SS
9. Seth Brown (L) RF

Gametime Temp: 65°F
Chance of Precip: 2%

Sea Dog 23

I don't know who gets the start, but will guess Pivetta is rested enough to get 3 or more innings, Winchowski, and some other no-names in the pen.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: Sea Dog 23 on July 17, 2023, 02:56:26 PM
I don't know who gets the start, but will guess Pivetta is rested enough to get 3 or more innings, Winchowski, and some other no-names in the pen.

Whatever Sea Dog!!!!!!  What we must not let have happen is to let the Athletics get back at us for our sweep of them before the ASB by sending us home with bloody noses in this three game set.  It is of paramount importance that we play solid baseball in Oakland, that Alex plays our best lineup and not his personal favorites and THE WE WIN THE SERIES.!!!!!!  Anything less is a failure and a shot in the groin to our chances of getting into the post-season.  We must keep on winning series after series to the best of our ability and be in a decent position to get a WC berth come October.

Schloicka

Sea Dog 23

Big night for Pivetta.  6 IP in relief, no hit ball, 13 Ks !  Wong had it going with 3-4 and 3 rbi's.

MongoLikeSox

Man, I fell into a hard sleep by the time the 2nd inning was over and woke up to Martin striking someone out to end the game. I hate I missed it.

I did see Duran's double to lead off the game. It was about this time last year when he hit bottom. Good for him!

The Sox are dragging their feet with the Kike/Chang/Reyes thing. Reyes got into an awful funk over the weekend in Portland. 3 K's on Sunday alone. I saw one of them and it was a wild swing against a pitch that never got close to the strike zone. Cora said htat he may need a few more AB's during the week. I get the feeling they really want Reyes to play a big role until Story is back.

markj

Sox manage to crawl out of the basement thanks to an 8-2 record and the Yanks woes as of late.

longgame

I made it pretty far in but fell asleep near the end.  They should be beating up on a team with this and the Sox have the best record in MLB in July.  Really can't figure these guys out. 

The SS situation is disastrous and could have been resolved by signing a legit SS when Story went down.  Chang can hit the long ball but looks otherwise lost.  We know that Kike just can't play the position but he keeps getting chances.  Whatever they're working on it has to address SS.