9. Reese McGuire (L) C

Yankees

Clarke Schmidt (R)

Gametime Temp: 61°F
Chance of Precip: 79%

markj

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: markj on June 17, 2023, 10:31:52 AM
Looks like another rainy, miserable night at Fenway.

It's miserable for both teams markj and our attitude should be let it be worse for the New Yorkers.  No excuses should be blurted out; we must win this series at the very least.

markj

SeaBeachFred

On my cell phone I noticed that the Red Sox's pitching du o tomorrow is unknown for Game One and Bayran Bello for game two.  If that is what Alex is planning to do, well once again he is trying to act like the smartest man in the house and looking like a damn moron when it once again blows up in his face.  The Yankees are throwing Schmidt in the first game and we should be throwing Bello who has pitched very well of late while we try to lock the series win in the first game and keep momentum and confidence leading into the second contest.  Just who the devil does Bora Bora Cora plan on sending out there in the first game......Pivetta? So he can give up two or three runs in the opening inning as he always does and four or five for his five innings of subpar work?  Or give the Kloob another chance of stinking up the ballpark by getting batted around once again.  I hope what I saw on sports section of my phone was incorrect and we go with Bello in the first game.  Unless the young pitcher has a bad case of the frights we should have a god chance to win that game, and, besides, he pitched very well in Yankee Stadium last Sunday, didn't he?  I get angrier by the day at Alex for his cheap stunts to make himself look good, especially when he comes up a cropper.  Hey skipper try and return to your 2018 ways when you managed the team and didn't try to act like a genius  that you aren't.

MongoLikeSox

Paxton would be pitching on 5 days rest and Crawford would be pitching on 4 days rest. We'll get an additional pitcher for the DH day. Murphy's 3-inning at a clip relief schedule has not been set as far as the public can see. Last outing was too recent for a start, but not for a relief appearance. Maybe a 3 inning outing to help the pen today? Perhaps a Crawford/Murphy game?

On a semi-related note, being he's a Starting Pitcher. They released Dermody a day or two ago. Buried him in Worcester, pitched a game and released him as a Worcester transaction so it didn't show up on the big league transaction list. 

EDIT: I just saw Mark's other post for game 1. Nick Pivetta. Let's hope he's on.