5. Jake Bauers (L) RF
6. Isiah Kiner-Falefa (R) CF
7. Billy McKinney (L) LF
8. Jose Trevino (R) C
9. Anthony Volpe (R) SS

Gametime Temp: 78°F
Chance of Precip: 0%

Sea Dog 23

Adam Duvall is being activated.  Not sure if Duvall is going to play tonight or this weekend.  Pinch hitter?

elktonnick

Sea Dog 23

The Raffy show.  Always comes out of a slump for Yanks.  Kike' looked alive and a good showing by Whitlock. 

MongoLikeSox

It was nice again to have a solid CF'er. Dugey recovered from his day in time out. Devers hit line drives. Jansen got away with an outing with 5 good pitches.

Whitlock with a QS, even recovering from a couple cement mixers that didn't hurt him much towards the end of his outing.

I thought not sending Pivetta out for the 8th was a good move. Give him a day or two to contemplate on his successes instead of a failures weighing on his mind kind of thing. Remember that he pitched very well out of the pen for that miraculous 2021 run they made both getting into the playoffs and in the playoffs.

OK, so the Majors are filled with big boys. Why is it that the Yankees hitters always seem to be the ones who tear the cover off the ball like no-one else. Gleyber's 9th inning liner was both vicious and impressive.

Sea Dog 23

Quote from: MongoLikeSox on June 10, 2023, 06:07:20 AM
It was nice again to have a solid CF'er. Dugey recovered from his day in time out. Devers hit line drives. Jansen got away with an outing with 5 good pitches.

Whitlock with a QS, even recovering from a couple cement mixers that didn't hurt him much towards the end of his outing.

I thought not sending Pivetta out for the 8th was a good move. Give him a day or two to contemplate on his successes instead of a failures weighing on his mind kind of thing. Remember that he pitched very well out of the pen for that miraculous 2021 run they made both getting into the playoffs and in the playoffs.

OK, so the Majors are filled with big boys. Why is it that the Yankees hitters always seem to be the ones who tear the cover off the ball like no-one else. Gleyber's 9th inning liner was both vicious and impressive.

One of the Orioles guys, I think Jim Palmer, commented on how Rays won three gams at Boston with no home runs.  Then said the Yankees get most of their runs by the home run ball, yet teams like the Rays can shut their sluggers down in the playoffs.

MongoLikeSox

Quote from: Sea Dog 23 on June 10, 2023, 09:28:34 AM
One of the Orioles guys, I think Jim Palmer, commented on how Rays won three gams at Boston with no home runs.  Then said the Yankees get most of their runs by the home run ball, yet teams like the Rays can shut their sluggers down in the playoffs.
I totally agree. The deeper the run, the colder it gets and the better the pitching gets. Well, in theory, at least.